Knight85 's *MK4 Ibiza Tdi FR Luna Gray* Full mod list on page 1!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
so bit of an update

will be returning to my original FR alloys - managed to find a couple with new tyres on - and I need new front tyres very sdoon so works out perfectly with money

Couple of questions - how much do you think I could get for a set of VRS spiders - 17" - in really good condition - sprayed a very dark gray with some sparkle - not very good tyres -about 2.5mm all round

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
so will be from this

P1080696.jpg

P1080703.jpg

back to this

P1080393.jpg

P1080371.jpg

pretty excited as i have missed them

Last edited:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yep always like my FR ones- it was only due to a very large pothole that cracked one and totally buckled the other that forced me to get something new and sharpish - now i have sourced 2 with brand new tyres at a good price it seemed perfect to move back to them

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I prefer the FR wheels too, one of the very few times I've looked at a car and thought that the wheels are actually the perfect match for the car and don't need to be changed.

I think this is one of my favourite looking Mk4's on here, great colour and good choice of styling tweaks and mods :thumbup:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
cheers everyone - haven't been around for a while -work etc....got married etc...

Any way the car is being sold this week...:(

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Shame really liked this car, think you did a great job with it, didn't go over the top and kept it tasteful, still my favourite Mk4 on here.

Any ideas what you will be replacing it with? I sold mine and replaced it with a mk2 LCR, good cars and plenty tuneable.

Last edited:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Shame really liked this car, think you did a great job with it, didn't go over the top and kept it tasteful, still my favourite Mk4 on here.

Any ideas what you will be replacing it with? I sold mine and replaced it with a mk2 LCR, good cars and plenty tuneable.

Cheers mate - yeah I took it apart (as kept all the OEM bits) sold them and then PX'ed it for a 2010 Mazda 6 2.2 180 sport

Needed a 5 door and big boot as my wife is pregnant - looked at the mk2 LCR but they were out of my price range to be honest and still needed a semi efficient car as doing longish commutes.

Looked at Mk2 leon FR's, Audi A3 170 tdi s-lines etc... but couldnt find something that would match the Mazda for price, toys, performance and efficiency.

Loving the leather, heated seats, bose stereo, bluetooth stereo etc.. etc..

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Cheers mate - yeah I took it apart (as kept all the OEM bits) sold them and then PX'ed it for a 2010 Mazda 6 2.2 180 sport

Needed a 5 door and big boot as my wife is pregnant - looked at the mk2 LCR but they were out of my price range to be honest and still needed a semi efficient car as doing longish commutes.

Looked at Mk2 leon FR's, Audi A3 170 tdi s-lines etc... but couldnt find something that would match the Mazda for price, toys, performance and efficiency.

Loving the leather, heated seats, bose stereo, bluetooth stereo etc.. etc..

I wanted something more practical than the Mk4, that's why I went for the Mk2 LCR, five doors really is the way forward lol, I used to get sick of having to get out of the car to let people in the back.

Sounds like you've dropped on, the Mazda's are underrated cars and the interior of the 6 is not a bad place to be for long commutes.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
I wanted something more practical than the Mk4, that's why I went for the Mk2 LCR, five doors really is the way forward lol, I used to get sick of having to get out of the car to let people in the back.

Sounds like you've dropped on, the Mazda's are underrated cars and the interior of the 6 is not a bad place to be for long commutes.

Yh the mk4 was becoming impractical. Lowered and a decat probably not the best for a pregnant women anda baby! I love the mk2 lcr..wwould have one on a heartbeat but too expensive and not economical enough. The mazda is quick...faster than my ibiza I reckon...but just so comfortable with leather heated seats and bluetooth stereo...plus its very practical with a huge boot and quick release back seats. Looks great on pearlescent white and 18s :)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Nice choice, it does there's alot to be said going to an underrated badge, and as crafoo said they are really nice cars, I'm loving the Volvo I replaced mine with for similar reasons of comfort and toys, good luck with everything

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Nice choice, it does there's alot to be said going to an underrated badge, and as crafoo said they are really nice cars, I'm loving the Volvo I replaced mine with for similar reasons of comfort and toys, good luck with everything

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cheers mate - you too.

for the price you get so much compared to other marques...

Standard on the sport trim - leather heated seat, front and rear parking sensor, bose stereo, bluetooth stereo, blind sport alarm, 18" alloys, auto wipers, auto lights, cornering xenons, blue light dash...plus its 180bhp so 0-60 in 8.5 but really good mid range speed and average 50mpg - plus its got a huge boot....so seemed the obvious choice.

Looked at A3 sportbacks for example and for the equivalent price i was looking at high mileage examples that were similar age to my ibiza so made no sense to change??

Anyway hope the new sprog will enjoy it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.