lcr225 mk1 pulling left fix????

leonfirsttimer

i know this is an old problem, but its pi55ing me right of!! just had car a few weeks , drives like a dream and grips the road like glue. best car i have ever owned only real problem is pulling to the left, and also i think when braking from high speeds (in excess of 80mph) it does the same

was wondering on the off chance if any1 has managed to find a soloution??

i have read in other posts that getting wheels aligned using a certain type of alignment system sorts it out??, and another theory is because the steering wheel isn't aligned properly?

i live in scotland, if anybody knows of any garages that has managed to sort this out for them, it woud be appreciated

cheers

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
All cars pull to the left, the camber of the road causes it and depending on the profile of the tyre and size of wheel etc it either better or worse.

andycupra

status subject to change
bushes,
bearings,
calipers,
tracking,
steering,
tyres,
pressures,
wish bones,
suspension,
Wheel bearings,
CV joints,
drive shafts,

the list goes on...

Getting a garage to check out for play and doing a proper 4 wheel alighnment and geometry check/adjustemnt would be the first action.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
yeah i have the same thing.spoke to a few people and they all say;
get tracking done - which sorts the car from pulling to the left or right,
get wheel balancing done - to stop the steering wheel shaking at high speeds,
get the brakes balanced - stops it from pulling in either direction if you brake hard.

these three things are what you should go for first.

leonfirsttimer

cheers guys ,

but the garages done most of the above anyway except putting the car on a decent wheel alignment system.

was just looking for a definitave answer, but it looks like its just something we have to live with! there is so many different theories, it would take a lot of time effort and hard earned cash to get it perfect!

[:@]

Super_Cupra_7

Mar 12, 2007
Dunfermline, Scotland
Is it really that bad :( ?

My LCR pulls to the left too. Some roads over exaggerate the pull.
Star Performace do a 4 wheel laser allignment which improved the pull on my car, but it still pulls to the left a little.

I have just learned to live with it, or, when there are no other cars to be seen, drive down the middle :D

Maybe increasing the pressure on the right hand side may help too. I tried this and it worked for me.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

leonfirsttimer

cheers mate, ill give it ago

nah its not really that bad, just annoying, id just like to know whats doing it? everything else is mint with the car.....touch wood, and if there was a remedy i would get it sorted.

but there have been posts like this going around since 2001 and so in seven years it doesnt seem like anyone has found a positive soloution yet.

just have to frin and bear it

:cartman:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Mine doesn't pull to the left but I do have a little bit of play when in the dead ahead position which sometimes bothers me.

However if I ever use another car and then get back into mine I'm always impressed by th amount of feel and decent weighting of the steering in mine - best I've driven TBH

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
225 through the front wheels and fatboy tyres, it goes with LCR ownership and UK roads wrecked by HGVs. But its ok, increased road tax and windfall petrol duty will recifty it shortly.....turning blue in the face as I type!

leonfirsttimer

took it out for a good spin on some b roads, tried driving on the wrong side of the road, and guess what!! pulling to the right.

im guessing lcr64 is right, although a bit annoying for long motorway journeys, but definately not worth parting with it, over silly niggle like this

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
It niggled me when I first got mine but I dont even notice it now, along with the slightly off centre position of the steering wheel.

You have to remember the car was built in Spain hence following characteristics:

Pulls to left: its actually driving on the wrong side of the road

Creaking rear suspension in damp & wet conditions: Prefers Spanish climate.

Condensation on interior windows: As above, UK too cold

Substandard headlights: Less sunlight in UK

Once you understand the LCR, all becomes obvious!!

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Mine's a 210 LCR, which also pulls to the left. Had tracking checked/fixed by a pukka tyre shop, which used official VAG/SEAT specs.

Thereafter, steering felt lighter & more responsive/accurate - which was nice - but it still pulled, slightly, to left on all types of road. :(

Next day, drove across France. When on autoroute, noticed that there was no pull to left or right, so I took hands off wheel at 70mph & the car tracked straight as an arrow. Then tried at 100mph - same result. :) (Maybe some uneven tyre-wear had 'bedded in'?)

In fact, it was arrow-straight on all types of French road. :D

Returned to UK, & it's back to pulling to the left (slightly). :(

Could it be that SEAT UK don't have a setup that's specific to RHD & UK road camber? :think:

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
The alignment equipment is designed to make all the wheels as straight as they can be. If you drived on the other side of the road you should find that the car will pull to the right. The car would also drive straight on track. The only way to help is to dial slightly more camber on the NSR wheel. This will push the car more to the right and combat the rubbish uk roads.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.