LED brake & indicator bulbs for Seat Leon?

sransom

Had my Leon FR (facelift) jsut a over a couple of weeks now and looking already into little tweaks for it..

I read thread before about the LED side lights that actually work. However Im interested in adding LED Bulbs as brake / indicator bulbs, but unsure if they would work or if i would get bulb out warnings with such items.

i found bulbs on ebay...
hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-STOP-TAIL-LED-BULBS-RED-SEAT-LEON_W0QQitemZ370259277597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56352c371d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

(i cannot post links yet on here so please reply the "xx" with "tt" in the address.

Your views and opinions would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Had my Leon FR (facelift) jsut a over a couple of weeks now and looking already into little tweaks for it..

I read thread before about the LED side lights that actually work. However Im interested in adding LED Bulbs as brake / indicator bulbs, but unsure if they would work or if i would get bulb out warnings with such items.

i found bulbs on ebay...
hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-STOP-TAIL-LED-BULBS-RED-SEAT-LEON_W0QQitemZ370259277597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56352c371d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

(i cannot post links yet on here so please reply the "xx" with "tt" in the address.

Your views and opinions would be great.

Cheers!

cant see why they wudnt work as long as they are designed for the canbus system like the front sidelights u get...

only thing thought, why?? the leon doesnt have clear clusters so you wouldnt get much of a difference in effect i would have thought?:confused:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
they arent for canbus equiped cars, or at least it doesnt say they are.
and if i remember correctly the lamp has to fit through a hole in the reflector, and looking at the pic they might struggle to get through.

19leds.jpg

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^Also the light output is very directional and doesn't light up the cluster very well. ALL you get is a narrow beam like an LED torch. Some LED bulbs have LEDs poking sideways but these are even bigger.

sransom

my thought of LED was I liked the idea of the instant on, instant off of them and the brightness.
After posting this thread I went to have a look at the light fittings of my car and discovered that the bulbs are completly different to that of the ebay advert. (the actual bulbs on the car are very small, I guess the light cluster does something to maximise what light comes from the tiny bulb.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
my thought of LED was I liked the idea of the instant on, instant off of them and the brightness.
After posting this thread I went to have a look at the light fittings of my car and discovered that the bulbs are completly different to that of the ebay advert. (the actual bulbs on the car are very small, I guess the light cluster does something to maximise what light comes from the tiny bulb.

the tail lights themselves run off 501 (i think) - same idea as what you get for the sidelights at the front.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
They are standard 21 watt indicator bulbs for stop/tail. Trouble is if you can find one that fits, Is it gonna be a good match for the other taillight bulb? The 501 type:blink:
You want both bulbs in both lenses to have the same light output or they will look odd:whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.