Leon Fr 184 coolant loss after DPF regen

Ash23

May 11, 2019
Hi,

I have a 64 plate Seat Leon Fr 184hp, the coolant is lost after every dpf regen and I have no heat from the vents. I assumed it was the heater matrix..

However I did a Head Gasket test and the water changed from dark blue to a darkish green colour.
I’m not sure if its worth getting a heater matrix or just selling the car, don’t really want to replace a head gasket

did anyone have similar issues? I think there are threads around about coolant loss, but nothing about the head gasket test showing green.

Thanks

jf_cole

Jan 28, 2020
How confident are you on the HG being gone? Any other signs? My mate did a test on his overheating Integra once and it showed the gasket gone. Sent it to Honda who diagnosed a faulty thermostat and sent him on his way, ignoring the HG issue. Never had a problem after that. So wouldn't always trust those kits.

My car loses coolant after a dpf regen in traffic, so it can go missing there. No heat? possibly the blocked heater matrix. I removed my silikat bag from the header tank and have started to change the coolant. Each weekend i empty the header tank with a turkey baster (i kid you not) and refill with new coolant. Will take a while, but wont have to worry about silikat or changing the coolant as the car approaches 5 years. Its a bastid of a system to change the coolant in one go and burp it.

I believe i have seen people buying the parts online for the matrix and doing it themselves and saving hundreds of quid.

Hope this helps.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
My old a1 2.0tdi used to drink coolant after a dpf, turned out the heater matrix had exploded, a massive hole were it goes threw the bulkhead, changed it my self took around 2 hours, woukd have been alot quicker but them pipes are a right bitch to get off

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise