Leon mk3?

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
That actually does look quite nice. Might think about trading my one (that's now only a few months old) in for it :D.

Reminds me of a scirocco.

Last edited:

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
To me its lost the main points of the MK2 :( I've noticed that many new cars copy design hints of the mk2 after its launch, especially the front window profile of the new shape fiesta but this new one looks dated before its even been made. It looks like all the led clad kia and hyundai things out there and with the normal features such as 'door handles on the door?!' what is this?! And window wipers resting at the bottom of the screen?! wtf is that? And the cat eye shape headlights gone , why? What, ME NO LIKE CHANGE!!!

If i was designing it from the mk2 i would of made the roof even more coupe like with a more raked windscreen and smaller side windows a bit like a range rover evoke and made the headlights the shape of bats! Or something along them lines...

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
To me its lost the main points of the MK2 :( I've noticed that many new cars copy design hints of the mk2 after its launch, especially the front window profile of the new shape fiesta but this new one looks dated before its even been made. It looks like all the led clad kia and hyundai things out there and with the normal features such as 'door handles on the door?!' what is this?! And window wipers resting at the bottom of the screen?! wtf is that? And the cat eye shape headlights gone , why? What, ME NO LIKE CHANGE!!!

If i was designing it from the mk2 i would of made the roof even more coupe like with a more raked windscreen and smaller side windows a bit like a range rover evoke and made the headlights the shape of bats! Or something along them lines...

In all fairness, I think the new Kia Cee'd looks great!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
In all fairness, I think the new Kia Cee'd looks great!
I agree. Don't forget that Kia's Chief Design Officer is Peter Schreyer who used to work for Audi and was responsible for designing the original Audi TT amongst others. Kia are producing some good looking cars these days.,

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Losing any design cues from the Mk2 is a good thing, that should have kept more from the Mk1.

Mk3 looking good in those tweets.

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
The MK1's and MK2's are curvy. MK3 seems to be in keeping with the sharp edge look that most cars seem to have these days.

MK2 shape still doesn't look like an 'old' design in my opinion. It's held it well over the last 7 years or so.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
I wonder if they will do a special kitted one like the btcc kit cuz as already said it looks like a Kia . I like the front but from the bk and side it looks wak ( Kia/astra). Looks like i wount be buying a seat again :( . Mk2 had kurvs and looks dynamic, mk3 jus looks like a everyday rep car and a grown up ibiza. Sorry but its not for me. I think seat have made a big mistake as the mk1 and mk2 are such good looking individual cars that stand out from your golfs audis astras focus's etc !

xavier de

May 11, 2009
Grimsby
I think the mk3 from the side looks like the old Mazda 3 which to be fair is a nice looking car an I can't wait to see the new Leon in the metal

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
The MK3 looks pants. None of the design flashes of brilliance that came with the MK2. I agree with comments that the MK2 is still a fresh design alongside current competition and the new MK3 will just 'blend in' and be lost.

Hope the three door is more dynamic, but I wanted a Leon for both it's looks and five door practicality, so looks like I shall be hanging on to my cherished MK2 for a few more years. As it's paid for, perhaps SEAT have done me a favour lol.........!

Last edited:

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
The MK3 looks pants. None of the design flashes of brilliance that came with the MK2. I agree with comments that the MK2 is still a fresh design alongside current competition and the new MK3 will just 'blend in' and be lost.

Hope the three door is more dynamic, but I wanted a Leon for both it's looks and five door practicality, so looks like I shall be hanging on to my cherished MK2 for a few more years. As it's paid for, perhaps SEAT have done me a favour lol.........!

+1 this

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
I know that they all are essentially the same but after the unveiling of the Mk7 Golf, the rear ends of the new Leon, new A3 and new Golf are almost identical - not necessarily a bad thing mind you - and the A3 is the least impressive looking of the 3 IMO.

ian_106

Jul 14, 2007
The new golf, audi A3 & leon all seem to have the same heater controls, out of the 3 I would say the leon was the best looking car, both the Audi & Golf are almost identical to last years cars, while seat has produced the car it should have after the mk1.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.