fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
maf problems

hey not on this often but am having trouble with my cupra and hoping somebody here can help me. my car when accelerating would sorta jump through the revs changin from full power to no power going throught the rev range. i seen on here that it could be the maf and got a new one which seemed to work great first couple of drives but now is near worse! when idling the revs seem far lower and if i give it a good revving in nuetral it will start to back fire. i'm not a mechanic an thought it was just a matter of a straight swap but maby it should be done in certain way or i havent done somethin stupid.lol.could this just be another dodgy maf or something else. ta fo help!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Was it a genuine one? If its not only go for original bosch from the dealers not fake packaged ones from the likes of ebay like i had the misfortune to buy

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
have made the same mistake then as bought cheap off ebay:(may get proper seat one ordered up see if cant get my car back to full steam.lol. thanks alot

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
problem maf???

:confused:hey am still having bother with my cupra. was spluttering under accelleration but was ok under full throttle. i changed the maf to a brand new seat one which has changed things. it is now not as bad but still there but under full throttle it sometimes doesnt run as well as before and seems to hold back a bit:cry: someone told me it could be an egr valve?? was just wondering what you guys think as yousknow your way round them more. done a search and cant even find egr valve, is it hard to change could i do it myself?!?! any help would be appreciated

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Get it to a reputable vag independent/tuner and ask them to scan you car, shouldnt be much more than £40 and saves the hit and miss approach of changing possible causes which in the end can be very expensive

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
thanks yea got it plugged in tonight an got a code 17705 something to do with loosing pressure just have to find where now......all pipes look ok but there oil where sensor goes into the intercooler so thinking it might be there.....least hoping it there....thanks again

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
intercooler probs

hey am having problems wit my car still! had a air leak which left me with unsteady boost and was told by mechanic it was the intercooler so got a front mounted one an fitted it sat but he car is worse than before. i checked all the pipes and cant find any leaks but its runnig so bad. on cold start it barely wants to go and when runnig the boost is about half and it just drives like it want to die out under acceleration but alright when running and will tick over no prob. would ther be anythin else or something daft i'm not doing:cry:?! thanks lads

B3LSY

could be a couple of things,coils pack gone? air mass metre?have u got standard turbo tip front air mass to turbo?

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
em the air mass meter was changed recently and all the pipes were changed from the turbo to the cooler and back into the engine to alluminium ones. not that mechanically minded but thouhgt it would be the same since it just air in and air out but something changed!

B3LSY

any smoke out the exhaust? could be in limp mode? due to there being something wrong it goes into a safety mode which ive had on mine an it just doesnt wanna go so could be that you need to get a lap top plugged in with vag com to find out what the fault is mate

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
no smoke just not goin. yea will have to take it to mechanics. thought this would be a handy thing to do but typical cars nothin but hassle.lol. thanks for your help chap hopefully somethin simple will show up an be easy fixed!!

B3LSY

cars are hassle mine in bit at the mo, engines out the lot, £4000 engine rebuild

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
it a class lookin motor the black mirrors an lights look the part. 4k rebuild hope mine doesnt go that far! def hassle! every time something goes wrong i think i will fix it an then change but always end up spendin more an more!

B3LSY

its had uprated rods,new pistons,crank bearings etc, new clutch ,exhaust manifold,i bought this as well
FMINTCUPR.jpg

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
v v nice.lol. my cooler wouldnt have been in the same league but hopefuly do ok if i can get it goin right.lol. like my cars but not into them in as big a way to do all that but would be very happy to have car like that:D

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
hey still having trouble wit car going into limp mode. it goes great till you give it some stick then will only go half boost when it does i'm geting code "17705 throttle valve connection present.........malfunction" mechanic doesnt seem to sure an checked for leaks etc but no joy hoping someone here can help me!! had leak through cooler before an got 17705 pressure leak but has changed now to the throttle malfunction since put on front mounted cooler:( thanks lads

Last edited:

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
you have a boost leak somewhere as its detecting pressure loss in the system somewhere. its more than likely a boost leak than a component. checkk all the pipes for any splits at all check all hose connections to everything.

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
mechanic been through all an said he thought no leaks. all the pipes from turbo to cooler to inlet are brand new an only on since saturday an all tight. code said of leak at start but now it says bout throttle valve malfunction since fmic went on so mech thought bout changin that but didnt seem to sure

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise