Milltek dp + cat or FMIC??

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
its all here mate..

http://www.millteksport.com/contact.cfm

i emailed them and fonud them VERY helpful....

they dn't do fitting as a rule, but if your having problems i found them to be very helpful!

I have now e-mailed them on the info@miltek address and I will let you know how I get on!

I remember when it was first fitted it lasted less than a week but at first it was very impressive so hopefully i'll get a good outcome.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
let me know how u get on dude on this thread...

hopefully shouldn't have a problem....they are very accomodating....and have pride in there products...

i had fitting issues with mine originally as well and thats why i emailed them thru what someone else had said on here before..

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
let me know how u get on dude on this thread...

hopefully shouldn't have a problem....they are very accomodating....and have pride in there products...

i had fitting issues with mine originally as well and thats why i emailed them thru what someone else had said on here before..

Quick response on the e-mail! 3mins!

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
there ya go dude :)

hope u get sorted ;)

I have spoken to miltek who have said it maybe the diverter valve causing the slow spool up.

But they do agree it may also be blowing/knocking from bad fitment so they said its up to me if i would like to drive up there and for them to take a look.

Its a shame its about £40 just to get there & back!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
I have spoken to miltek who have said it maybe the diverter valve causing the slow spool up.

But they do agree it may also be blowing/knocking from bad fitment so they said its up to me if i would like to drive up there and for them to take a look.

Its a shame its about £40 just to get there & back!

Excellent news, told you they are helpful! :)

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
wot are the problems ur have with it exactally because not being funny they aint rocket scince to fit

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
yeah i ad bout 6 snap on adaptors on there to get to the nuts mine is fitted spot on now im well happy

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
DP should help your turbo spool up quicker and free up a few horses.

FMIC will help with the looming prospect of heatsoak and make the car pull harder higher up the rev range, but may cause slower turbo spooling times (depending on cooler and pipework).

Ideally as you know both would be the way to go. ;)

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
its not rocket science but its a pain in the arse

sleeve joins dont help but also the pipework over the rear axel isnt too friendly for lowered cars

I've never attempted to fit it because i haven't got ramps or enough tools to attempt and my driveway is gravel which doesn't help matters!

I've given it back to Seat who have had another attempt at its all fine now, no jumpy idle either.

My car needs to be sold now as i bought another car for my birthday although i'm definatly going to miss the cupra.

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
what do people think then, Blueflame 3" downpipe and 100 cell race cat, or the new milltek 100 cell? which ones better? would i need a adaptor if i go for the blueflame??

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
The groupbuy price for the Blueflame is definitely very good, in fact its outstanding. The general opinion on the Milltek systems is that they're better built with better quality welds although I believe Blueflame have tightened up their quality control in this area. A Milltek for the Ibiza has a 2.5" downpipe, this will give you a bit more torque but slightly less in the way of BHP assuming that both the Blueflame and Milltek cats have identical flow rates.

I was in the group buy at one stage but I got an offer I couldn't really refuse on a Milltek 3" downpipe, 100 cell sports cat and 2.5" non resonated cat-back system, £570 fitted. It worked out about £20 dearer than the Blueflame system after fitting is taken into consideration but for the peace of mind and outstanding warranty/customer care reputation that Milltek have, I've decided to go for the full Milltek system. Its getting fitted next thursday. In a couple of months when I get Revo stage 2, I'll see the benefit of the 3" downpipe, whereas I believe the Blueflame LC item is 2.5".

If I were you I'd go for the Blueflame as both appear to be 2.5" for the Ibiza. A Milltek system will probably be at least £150 dearer.