MK1 Leon GT2x Build - thats it folks

jamiebennett81

Apprently there's a new guy in 034 shipping who's making alot of mistakes, you're the next victim! Took 3 deliveries before I got all my stuff from 034.

then fecking sack him! sheer incompetence!

just spoken to Simon at AMD, they are now fabricating some

Thanks INA!!!!!![:@]

jamiebennett81

I know and agree. Sounds like AMD are top-notch though, you're in good hands now it seems.

yep, cant fault Simon, he has been an absolute star throughout this whole situation and has really helped me with my car

AMD are no.1 for me out of every tuner I have dealt with:D

Storm Developments are also ace, but I just don't use them as much due to their location sometimes

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
Well this makes me sad,
As explained it was not the fault of anyone in shipping this time around.Hope you guys do not fault me for this....I have been good so far :D

Sent you a PM.

jamiebennett81

Well this makes me sad,
As explained it was not the fault of anyone in shipping this time around.Hope you guys do not fault me for this....I have been good so far :D

Sent you a PM.

sorry

posted before in anger.....as you know it's have been a winding road of frustration due to the car being off the road for so long:)

thanks for the help. situation duely corrected:D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yep, cant fault Simon, he has been an absolute star throughout this whole situation and has really helped me with my car

AMD are no.1 for me out of every tuner I have dealt with:D

Storm Developments are also ace, but I just don't use them as much due to their location sometimes

Can I ask you a simple question..
Why not let AmD get to the bottom of the boost or lack of problem, seeing as they are so local to you & have done the rest of this remedial work?

Not wanting to give away work, but it makes more sense to one stop shop with them, as they have the car, are local to you etc

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Why not let AmD get to the bottom of the boost or lack of problem, seeing as they are so local to you & have done the rest of this remedial work?

Not wanting to give away work, but it makes more sense to one stop shop with them, as they have the car, are local to you etc

I was thinking the same thing earlier

jamiebennett81

a good point Bill

BUT

as discussed I want the n249, n112 etc all removed and i dont think they will be prepared to do this

I have not asked yet....but get the feeling they wont, hence I will visit you.

I will ask the question when I pick up the car soon hopefully.

thing is , the woking branch is totally different to the Essex one. As in its just rich people chucking their money at Simon and asking for a remap, but just want more power and not interested in the results

the Essex branch is totally different and the clientel are more performance orientated and squeezing every last bhp out of their car

I will see what they say at the Essex branch too if no joy

I will let you know

thanks

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
remembering the main job I was going to do was look at the boost level you have said is'nt achieving requested etc. The bypass stuff was after that.

Just seems AmD could sort it for you thats all.

Let me know whichever..
Just noticed your latest date move, moves it to the day after the RR shootout between SCN & UKMKIV's :think:

jamiebennett81

remembering the main job I was going to do was look at the boost level you have said is'nt achieving requested etc. The bypass stuff was after that.

Just seems AmD could sort it for you thats all.

Let me know whichever..
Just noticed your latest date move, moves it to the day after the RR shootout between SCN & UKMKIV's :think:

SCN and UKMKIV's is at Awesome, which is at Manchester right? I'm not attending that one

I don't think AMD are keen to start adjusting the actuator on the turbo. as said I will ask Simon, but also, AMD are very expensive (not that they are worth the money of course) but if I can get you to look at the boost issue and do the rest of it (N249) then I can get it all done at once

you sure you want the job Bill?:)

jamiebennett81

just spoken to Simon at AMD

they have had to take the head off to get the bolts in, but the bolts that they had made up do not fit quite right, so they are now getting some more made up

they are continuing work on monday, so god knows when the car will be back in one piece

fair play to AMD, they are doing a top notch job and want to get it done right, its just taking an age :(

the frustration continues........

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Glad there getting somewhere mate.

I just picked mine up today all sorted now! Cost £550, they made new studs for in the turbo and changed all the nuts and put nordlock washers on all of them. Got all the nuts on the manifold changed aswell! So finally no blowing now :D

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Glad there getting somewhere mate.

I just picked mine up today all sorted now! Cost £550, they made new studs for in the turbo and changed all the nuts and put nordlock washers on all of them. Got all the nuts on the manifold changed aswell! So finally no blowing now :D

excellent mate, glad to hear it - is it performing well now?

did you put any locking tabs on it as well?

AMD said they were fabricating some last time, so hopefully they are still doing this

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Yeh its running great now, best it has done for a long time

No they just went with the nordlock washers and K-nuts, but they had to fabricate some studs, as they weren't impressed with the ones that were on there

This is what had happened to the gasket lol
18102008312.jpg

jamiebennett81

Yeh its running great now, best it has done for a long time

No they just went with the nordlock washers and K-nuts, but they had to fabricate some studs, as they weren't impressed with the ones that were on there

This is what had happened to the gasket lol
18102008312.jpg

Few questions mate

the studs you had, is this a JBS manifold you had fitted?

and were these the studs from the turbo or the bolts supplied by JBS to fit the mani?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Yeh its the JBS tubular manifold
25072008131.jpg

They had to shorten the studs that went into the turbo that JBS supplied and put better bolts on them as they seemed to think that everything was wrong

jamiebennett81

Yeh its the JBS tubular manifold
25072008131.jpg

They had to shorten the studs that went into the turbo that JBS supplied and put better bolts on them as they seemed to think that everything was wrong

do you know what, I had exactly the same issue

crap bolts and everything[:@]

once I get the full report up from AMD, I am going to complain, possibly trading standard if they have supplied poor quality bolts, because if they have, then they have been partly the cause of my issues and cost me all this extra money

when I phoned them, James Silverstone was adament, to the point of being rude and totally arrogant that it was nothing to do with their manifold and my, I quote, "chocolate" turbo as he stated:ban:

im sick to death of their poor service, reading and hearing poor service issues (read Caveo's thread if you haven't to get an idea)and now poor parts:censored:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
When i first got the problem i phoned only to ask if they had heard of any kind of issue and they seemed to just fob me off with the 'no nothing' line, to the point where i just thought if thats how its going to be then fine!

Went to the garage i use to talk to them about it and straight away they said to me wrong kind of nuts for the manifold!

Then i get a call from them on Tuesday when the cars in to say the studs are wrong too, they are too long!

Left it with them to sort out, and fix it their way, get it back new bolts and studs on everything and its perfect :D

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.