MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
My dealer has had no luck going through Seat UK to try and get me a car that is due to be built. Not surprised really considering how much demand there has been for them.

If Seat UK had any kind of customer service they’d offer to source me a stock car, manual or dsg and honour the offer I had regardless of any potential loss to them.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
My dealer has had no luck going through Seat UK to try and get me a car that is due to be built. Not surprised really considering how much demand there has been for them.

If Seat UK had any kind of customer service they’d offer to source me a stock car, manual or dsg and honour the offer I had regardless of any potential loss to them.

SEAT UK are inconsistent.
During my original order in OCT they actually contacted me out of the blue and sent me a cheque for £250 due to the delay in delivery :)

I then had an issue with that order, as I ordered side blades as part of the package but wasn't made aware that the price I paid only included the part.
The dealership were trying to charge for painting and fitting. According to the website there was no additional charge. According to the brochure I found after it said that there may be a charge for painting only. It took about a month for CS to acknowledge it wasn't clear advertising and sort this for me.

Finally I had a similar issue. When the wrong spec'd vehicle turned up and my dealership had to search hard for a replacement vehicle close to my spec. Unfortunately they had no luck.

CS were not much help in that situation. They saw themselves as separate from the dealership.
Mentioned that it was a franchise and originally left the responsibility with the dealership.

I had to chase SEAT UK for months to get anywhere.
I also had to find the name of a contact high up in SEAT and send them a message of complaint to get them give CS a kick up the arse.

It took over 50 emails and 3 months to get my original order resubmitted.
During the process I also warned them that if they took any longer I wouldnt be able to order a manual (with info from this forum)
They said they were not aware of the info, and continued with the case until the deadline passed.

I was then told that although my price and re order had been authorised, the manual was no longer available :( so this meant it would be a different order which needed new authorisation from a different department to get it at the price of the manual.

From my experience they are not all joined up.
I've had the dealership, customer services and VWFS all try to help me on my case. They've all helped but had very little control over any major pricing and gesture of goodwill decisions. They were all trying to contact other departments within SEAT to help me.

Sorry for yet another long post.. just highlighting my experience as it seems to be a unique one.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
That’s a great insight into what sounds like a very stressful experience and will hopefully help myself and others not have to endure the same.
Thanks for sharing. I think I will cut my losses and move on, I don’t need the hassle!

Fletch300

May 30, 2018
I ordered a 5 door dsg on 10th April (mystery blue, seat sound, winter pack). Dealer got in touch last week and confirmed build week 26, which is the last week of June. They said it should be available for collection by end of July after originally estimating October

Apex300

Jun 1, 2018
So you have just ordered and already been given a build week 3 weeks from now so order to delivery will be approx 7 weeks?
This is a bit odd.

I’m in Ireland, no dealer will take a custom build order because of WLTP until September, so you can choose from a pool of cars that Seat Ireland already have ordered and most already have build weeks confirmed or are already on the way.
You just have to try find close to what your looking for!

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
I ordered a 5 door dsg on 10th April (mystery blue, seat sound, winter pack). Dealer got in touch last week and confirmed build week 26, which is the last week of June. They said it should be available for collection by end of July after originally estimating October
That sounds good, I ordered st 4drive mid April so fingers crossed for early delivery. 7 weeks seems a bit fast though the last member mentioned.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
I’m in Ireland, no dealer will take a custom build order because of WLTP until September, so you can choose from a pool of cars that Seat Ireland already have ordered and most already have build weeks confirmed or are already on the way.
You just have to try find close to what your looking for!
Ah that makes more sense now thanks for clarifying

Reactions: Apex300

KagnuS

Jun 4, 2018
UK
Not sure if anyone's interested but I've placed the order for mine in January and got delivery (or collection rather) from IMG Warington at the end of April. 5dr Manual hatchback. So that was about 12-14 week wait. It was no options and a lease.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Ordered 4Drive in April with configuration SKIG9G9W on the online configurator. When I input that code now it displays my options but under a different code of SAAGVQB2. Anyone know why? Has the specification changed?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Not sure if anyone's interested but I've placed the order for mine in January and got delivery (or collection rather) from IMG Warington at the end of April. 5dr Manual hatchback. So that was about 12-14 week wait. It was no options and a lease.
You got it so quick as they just order a batch at a time in various colours etc so really if you order one they already have it ordered in bulk.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Just had my silver Cupra ST manual build also confirmed for next week. Ordered in February. Only option I went for was the sound upgrade

My Cupra ST was given an estimated build week 23 (which is this week) but it hasn't been confirmed unfortunately. I was really hoping it'd arrive in time for my current lease ending but that seems virtually impossible now. Has your dealer given an idea of delivery time yet?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.