MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
We are ordered an orange 5 door Cupra (only upgrade) back in very early February with an original delivery date early July. This then got pushed back by two weeks to mid July and we have just had an email today saying it's been pushed back a further two weeks to the end of July.

This is now worrying me as I fell will hits summer factory shut down time this date will get pushed back quite considerably.

Update, lease company has said there is no build date yet:-o

Last edited:

silles

May 4, 2017
We are ordered an orange 5 door Cupra (only upgrade) back in very early February with an original delivery date early July. This then got pushed back by two weeks to mid July and we have just had an email today saying it's been pushed back a further two weeks to the end of July. This is now worrying me as I fell will hits factory shut down and this. Will get pushed back quite considerably.
Vw has been shut down coz.cannot cope with EU emission tests

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44383226

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
i asked my current dealer about lead times and they've stated 36 weeks wait.........ive also seen within the last few weeks that the lease site i was looking at now has zero options bar the choice of 3 colours, worst possible time to order by the looks of it. guess il just have to wait out the situation

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
My Cupra ST was given an estimated build week 23 (which is this week) but it hasn't been confirmed unfortunately. I was really hoping it'd arrive in time for my current lease ending but that seems virtually impossible now. Has your dealer given an idea of delivery time yet?
They said a few weeks, maybe three or four. As long as your order status is 20 or something then build date is confirmed. Mine only progressed to confirmed last week.

KagnuS

Jun 4, 2018
UK
You got it so quick as they just order a batch at a time in various colours etc so really if you order one they already have it ordered in bulk.
I guess they wait for a number of orders so they can ship a batch. I was lucky too. If I waited longer I might have been affected by the massive delays we are seeing now on all VAG cars.

I work with VW engineering and they are all over the place in r&d, so I'm not surprised to be honest.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Just had a call from my dealer, still no confirmation of build week. Worst case is could be January, which will be a year, utter joke.

Last edited:

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Just had a call from my dealer, still no confirmation of build week. Worst case is could be January, utter joke.
Agree. If a great lease deal is released for an in stock car my broker stated I can just cancel the order and go with that instead.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
How many are leasing their new Cupras? I have a quote for £287 a month (9+35), orange with sunroof and "navi system high", obviously I know it's a massive wait but that's no issue for me at the moment. I currently own my own car but paying a loan, and the cost of the loan would be greater than the cost of the lease. I know there's more things to consider than that but chances are when I've paid off this car, I'd be getting another anyway so it's unlikely I'd ever has "cost free" motoring.

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Mines on lease, 6+23 £226 a month but mines a manual estate. Should be here the end of the month. I've learned from my mistakes of buying cars! Leasing is great, I currently have a Skoda yeti on 86 quid a month!

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
That's the thing. I've not even had mine a year yet but it's already been to the dealers 3 times and I have to go back again because they ****** up respraying the front bumper. It had a new clutch and everything and thankfully it was under their extra warranty...if it wasn't that would be been a nasty £2k bill.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
How many are leasing their new Cupras? I have a quote for £287 a month (9+35), orange with sunroof and "navi system high", obviously I know it's a massive wait but that's no issue for me at the moment. I currently own my own car but paying a loan, and the cost of the loan would be greater than the cost of the lease. I know there's more things to consider than that but chances are when I've paid off this car, I'd be getting another anyway so it's unlikely I'd ever has "cost free" motoring.

Who is that quote from please I have a 4 drive on order at 3+23 £330 so your seems a bit cheaper but depends on model?
The img 1+23 £289 deal is still on for the hatch dsg.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Who is that quote from please I have a 4 drive on order at 3+23 £330 so your seems a bit cheaper but depends on model?
The img 1+23 £289 deal is still on for the hatch dsg.
I got it through carwow, Crewe SEAT it's from.

Mine's 5 door DSG. I know about IMG SEAT, it doesn't come with any extras though so I will try them and see what they say. Much closer for me too because I live in Warrington.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Look at the total cost over the 3 years. On that deal it's about 12.5 k.

The extras on the car sound pretty nice. The sunroof and nav high come to about 1.5k. The thing I've found with a lease is that the 1.5k in extras can total more when leasing.

The IMG deal with no options is around 7k for 24 months. With VWFS you do get the option to extend. Depending on mileage and age of vehicle it can be at cheaper rate too.

I was lucky enough to get on the original deal £249, which is just under 6k. I added over 1.6k of extras which actually translated to 2k+ onto the total lease.

And when I called IMG last week to ask about MY19 changes they were suggesting January lead times.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I’d really still like a Cupra estate in the distant future. However the way I’ve been let down with my order and Seat UK have not even bothered getting back to me leaves a bitter taste. To top things off my dealer still hasn’t refunded my deposit after almost a month. Don’t think I’d trust ordering new from Seat again, just couldn’t be sure I’d be waiting for a car that never materialises.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Look at the total cost over the 3 years. On that deal it's about 12.5 k.

The extras on the car sound pretty nice. The sunroof and nav high come to about 1.5k. The thing I've found with a lease is that the 1.5k in extras can total more when leasing.

The IMG deal with no options is around 7k for 24 months. With VWFS you do get the option to extend. Depending on mileage and age of vehicle it can be at cheaper rate too.

I was lucky enough to get on the original deal £249, which is just under 6k. I added over 1.6k of extras which actually translated to 2k+ onto the total lease.

And when I called IMG last week to ask about MY19 changes they were suggesting January lead times.
Yes. And 12.5k over 3 years does sound a lot.

If I were to go with IMG instead like you said with no extras, if I assume for a minute that they didn't give me a reduced monthly rental price for an extra year, say, that I extend by, the total cost goes to £10,404. So just under £2,000 less.

I bought my car last year for £17,990 (64 reg / MY14). I've done just under 6,000 miles in it so far since I got it (and also new clutch etc but that was all free under warranty).

It's going to need 2 new front tyres before its MOT. If I go PS4S, that's £360.

In that time depreciation seems to have hit this car pretty hard and now it's valued at around £14,500 under private sale. Might be worth more considering the fact that it has so few miles and has a couple of extras like sunroof and the convenience pack (that I didn't think was included during MY14?).

So for the past year of having my car the depreciation has cost around £3,000-£4,000 and new front tyres. Plus it'll need MOT and service in August.

So around £4,600 I've lost on this car in a year. If I assume that depreciation hits harder once the MK4 releases, after 3 years I could assume that this rate would be sustained. Looking at 2011 Cupra's now, they're going for under £10,000. I can only assume that will be the same for mine in a couple of years.

At the end of next year I could realistically have my loan paid off (much earlier than the 5 year loan I signed up for), at which point I'll have a car worth around £10,000-£11,000 I would think.

Does anyone else think that this sounds accurate?

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Yes. And 12.5k over 3 years does sound a lot.

If I were to go with IMG instead like you said with no extras, if I assume for a minute that they didn't give me a reduced monthly rental price for an extra year, say, that I extend by, the total cost goes to £10,404. So just under £2,000 less.

I bought my car last year for £17,990 (64 reg / MY14). I've done just under 6,000 miles in it so far since I got it (and also new clutch etc but that was all free under warranty).

It's going to need 2 new front tyres before its MOT. If I go PS4S, that's £360.

In that time depreciation seems to have hit this car pretty hard and now it's valued at around £14,500 under private sale. Might be worth more considering the fact that it has so few miles and has a couple of extras like sunroof and the convenience pack (that I didn't think was included during MY14?).

So for the past year of having my car the depreciation has cost around £3,000-£4,000 and new front tyres. Plus it'll need MOT and service in August.

So around £4,600 I've lost on this car in a year. If I assume that depreciation hits harder once the MK4 releases, after 3 years I could assume that this rate would be sustained. Looking at 2011 Cupra's now, they're going for under £10,000. I can only assume that will be the same for mine in a couple of years.

At the end of next year I could realistically have my loan paid off (much earlier than the 5 year loan I signed up for), at which point I'll have a car worth around £10,000-£11,000 I would think.

Does anyone else think that this sounds accurate?

Don't forget VED, that's included in a lease. Not sure how much it is on a cupra. Sounds about right though, therefore cheaper to lease than to buy.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Don't forget VED, that's included in a lease. Not sure how much it is on a cupra. Sounds about right though, therefore cheaper to lease than to buy.
Yeah, £165 or something on my car. Ridiculous.

It's just the whole paying for a car and never actually owning anything that's getting me - but, at the same time, what do we actually own anymore. Maybe philosophical answers aren't needed when thinking about cars...I just want Android Auto and all the other nice things in the new cars without spending £26,000!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah, £165 or something on my car. Ridiculous.

It's just the whole paying for a car and never actually owning anything that's getting me - but, at the same time, what do we actually own anymore. Maybe philosophical answers aren't needed when thinking about cars...I just want Android Auto and all the other nice things in the new cars without spending £26,000!

Leasing is a good option if you are looking at new, don't have a massive deposit, drive a reasonable amount of miles per year and want to drive the car for x period.
As some said before you know most of your costs upfront.

Cupra leasing is a great option, because of the discounts you can get on a lease.
I.e 6k for 2 years was an amazing deal.

My Cupra 280 will have cost around 10k for 3 years by the time it's returned, and that was with a 2k+ deposit.

The only thing I was highlighting was that when you you start speccing your lease with options it will make the deal less attractive. Which is what I did on the 300. Taking my deal from 6-8k over 2 years.

The Cupra comes with a lot of kit as standard including Android Auto and the digital cockpit.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Leasing is a good option if you are looking at new, don't have a massive deposit, drive a reasonable amount of miles per year and want to drive the car for x period.
As some said before you know most of your costs upfront.

Cupra leasing is a great option, because of the discounts you can get on a lease.
I.e 6k for 2 years was an amazing deal.

My Cupra 280 will have cost around 10k for 3 years by the time it's returned, and that was with a 2k+ deposit.

The only thing I was highlighting was that when you you start speccing your lease with options it will make the deal less attractive. Which is what I did on the 300. Taking my deal from 6-8k over 2 years.

The Cupra comes with a lot of kit as standard including Android Auto and the digital cockpit.
Yeah, I was looking at prices of the Golf R and not only is it about £100 more expensive a month, it still doesn't come with as much as the Cupra. And the options are much more expensive...

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Yeah, I was looking at prices of the Golf R and not only is it about £100 more expensive a month, it still doesn't come with as much as the Cupra. And the options are much more expensive...

I think the only thing the Golf R doesn't come with that the Cupra does is the adaptive dampers? The Golf R gets winter pack as standard but I would prefer the adaptive dampers anyway. The performance Golfs and the Cupras are pretty much fully loaded on both sides.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members