MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Spoken to Nationwide and they are standard spec. i.e. no winter pack, KESSY, ACC

No point in me cancelling my order so I'll just have to live with cold seats!
i'll be annoyed as the winter pack is stated on the list as is black leather

EDIT: just noticed they now no longer state Winter pack, when I ordered last week the Winter pack and Black Leather were stated on the list! maybe the ones left do not have these options?

Last edited:

AlexOS

i'll be annoyed as the winter pack is stated on the list as is black leather
I thin you should find the leather seats are heated anyway... On the old system, when you put the leather seats on the car as an upgrade you couldn't do this without the winter pack, as the leather/winter was a package.. The winter pack was available without the leather, but the leather wasn't available without the winter pack..

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I thin you should find the leather seats are heated anyway... On the old system, when you put the leather seats on the car as an upgrade you couldn't do this without the winter pack, as the leather/winter was a package.. The winter pack was available without the leather, but the leather wasn't available without the winter pack..
yeah I have just checked my order and it clearly states Black Leather with white stitching. but on the web page to check the deals that is no longer the case

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
I've lost the posts in this thread. What insurance companies have people had joy with on the new 290s? Hastings are a waste of space.. No idea why a reduction of 10PS is causing so many problems

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
the ST 4drives are higher spec (pretty much Lux without the leather or copper), but by the look of it the 5doors are standard..

They told me the 4drives were standard base spec.
The website says they have KESSY, ACC, and winter pack but it's wrong. That's what they told me anyway.

AlexOS

They told me the 4drives were standard base spec.
The website says they have KESSY, ACC, and winter pack but it's wrong. That's what they told me anyway.
If they sell it to you based on the website that clearly states all those options, they legally have to provide you with those options.

When you do an enquiry on their site, you have to click the box saying you agree to the spec and the price on that page.. and so do they.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Is it possible to assign different interior colours to the modes like you could on the 290’s? I can only find changing multiple colours but for all modes. I used to only have it red on Cupra so I knew I was in attack mode!

You can’t do what you want.

You can change the ambient door lighting between different colours (and using OBDeleven) you can code colours you want. However it is not possible to code the lighting to change dependant in mode.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I'm looking at lease deals on the 4drive, from reading the post on here I'm going to wait until everyone's systems have caught up with the changes, sounds like a right arse ache!

Although saying that, if I order one now I should be in one by xmas.... 2020

Reactions: beddin90

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I'm looking at lease deals on the 4drive, from reading the post on here I'm going to wait until everyone's systems have caught up with the changes, sounds like a right arse ache!

Although saying that, if I order one now I should be in one by xmas.... 2020
who knows! it may even get the 2.0 TSI 190 engine!!

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
I placed my order 3weeks ago haven’t heard a pip since no confirmation nothing all I could know I be getting a Dacia sandero delivered in February

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hopefully by the time mine arrives in the UK in December the cars are showing on insurance databases. This sounds as much of a fiasco as the whole wltp, stopping production then changing all the specs carry on.

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
I've lost the posts in this thread. What insurance companies have people had joy with on the new 290s? Hastings are a waste of space.. No idea why a reduction of 10PS is causing so many problems

I've gone with AXA, they insured it as a 300 but added a note to the policy saying it is actually a 290. Rang up a few times before i took the insurance out just to double check and every time they was more than happy to do so.

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
Try aviva, they sorted me out for the correct model and for £342 with £150 total excess, spoke to someone as the interweb still doesn’t show the 290

Just rang them (bloody hour on phone). Don't have the 290, only 300. Talks to underwriters ok will do it as a 290 black. £880!!!! Never paid anything like that in my life. For perspective 33 years young 15 years driving, 10yrs no claims & a 300 quote is coming up at £360

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
300 quote is coming up at £360

If insurers are basing the quotes on the old 290 then that why these premiums are high. The 300 was much lower mostly because of the Front Assist feature.

The new 290's also come with this feature so the premiums should be more inline with the 300 than the old 290.

Explaining that to the call centre when you call up will be a waste of time, but worth noting.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.