MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018
Hooray finally have my collection dat of March 8th for my cupra st lux. Build week is end of this month with shipping 3-4 weeks after this.

On a separate note has anyone handed a vw group car back on lease and been charged for damages diamond cuts? If so how much was it per wheel.

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hooray finally have my collection dat of March 8th for my cupra st lux. Build week is end of this month with shipping 3-4 weeks after this.

On a separate note has anyone handed a vw group car back on lease and been charged for damages diamond cuts? If so how much was it per wheel.

I'll be sending my current car back soon when the Cupra arrives - I found this online, not sure if its completely transparent but seems fair to me (for cars provided by Arval)

https://www.arval.co.uk/sites/uk/files/media/documents/arval-car-damage-matrix-v3.pdf

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'd have lost all patience by now, they've had it over a month lol!
The way things are going I should have it in the next couple of weeks.

I arranged for BCA to inspect my 280 on the 27th of Dec with collection on the 2nd of Jan. Strangely they changed the dates to the 7th and 8th without my authorization.

VWFS sorted and arranged for me to drop the 280 with the dealership on the 27th as originally planned and I've been in a courtesy car since. The sales manager said the paperwork was done and they were just waiting on the BCA collection and then PDI.

Can't see it dragging on too much longer, and if it does at least I don't have anymore payments to make.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Copra68

sdrfish

Jul 11, 2018

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm at 800 miles now and the exhaust has a bit more grunt and has a nice deep tone when squeezing the accelerator. When the exhaust is nice and hot and in dsg mode it's pops and bangs mutedly on the downchanges. I'm still thinking about a res delete just to push it into being a bit more noisy.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm at 800 miles now and the exhaust has a bit more grunt and has a nice deep tone when squeezing the accelerator. When the exhaust is nice and hot and in dsg mode it's pops and bangs mutedly on the downchanges. I'm still thinking about a res delete just to push it into being a bit more noisy.
Cheers for the update. Do you still have the soundacktor turned down?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Cheers for the update. Do you still have the soundacktor turned down?

I turned it back on, I ended up missing it as it sounded so genuine. People in the car couldn't belive it was piped in when I told them. After watching video's online it's exactly the same soundtrack as the golf r.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I turned it back on, I ended up missing it as it sounded so genuine. People in the car couldn't belive it was piped in when I told them. After watching video's online it's exactly the same soundtrack as the golf r.
Is it really the same? If so it shouldn't sound natural at all as the Golf R tries to recreate the sound of a 5-cylinder engine.
During the test-drive I did in a 300 the sound was very different from a Golf R.

I'm picking up mine tomorrow, so I'll confirm then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Is it really the same? If so it shouldn't sound natural at all as the Golf R tries to recreate the sound of a 5-cylinder engine.
During the test-drive I did in a 300 the sound was very different from a Golf R.

I'm picking up mine tomorrow, so I'll confirm then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Sounds the same to me, it sounds a bit exaggerated but people didn't realise until I told them. The 290 may be different from the older 300. Let us know what you think.

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018

What does it sound like on the upshift? How loud are the dsg farts/bangs when you give it some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
What does it sound like on the upshift? How loud are the dsg farts/bangs when you give it some?

I've not heard any dsg farts to be honest. Don't know what it's like outside though but there not loud enough to be heard inside. Just pops and crackles on downshift/overrun.

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
I've not heard any dsg farts to be honest. Don't know what it's like outside though but there not loud enough to be heard inside. Just pops and crackles on downshift/overrun.

Sounds like I’ll be doing a res delete when I take delivery of mine. I want to be able to hear the dsg farts!

Reactions: Copra68

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
I don’t think mine has received it yet I’ll soon find out I’ll give him a call soon thanks for the reply

TheQuig

Oct 7, 2016
This is why I queried it with the dealer! Literally was on the previous month price/spec list. Only way to find out now for sure is when I take delivery:) By the sounds of it you’ve answered the question for me before then.
Thanks to this thread, I decided to check on my order placed in October. I placed an order for a ST 300 4Drive, as stated before, I was told the winter pack was standard which included heated seats. I checked today and on the original order at the time in October the Winter pack was standard but since has changed and I won’t be getting in this current order. If I want heated seats I will have to change my order to a Lux and pay £25 extra per month. My lease was 6+35 £299 now it will cost me £324 per month.
Do I change the order?
Do I look for another vehicle altogether?
There aren’t too many good leasing deals out there at the moment.

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Thanks to this thread, I decided to check on my order placed in October. I placed an order for a ST 300 4Drive, as stated before, I was told the winter pack was standard which included heated seats. I checked today and on the original order at the time in October the Winter pack was standard but since has changed and I won’t be getting in this current order. If I want heated seats I will have to change my order to a Lux and pay £25 extra per month. My lease was 6+35 £299 now it will cost me £324 per month.
Do I change the order?
Do I look for another vehicle altogether?
There aren’t too many good leasing deals out there at the moment.
Here’s a 6+35 deal for £321 a month
https://leasing.com/independent-brokers/leaseshop/seat/leon/337589399/
LzYDjVY

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.