MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Nikita

Feb 18, 2019
Got mine delivered today! Delivery guy said he put 6 quid in it of petrol, when I turned the engine it was 0 miles left lol.

So happy with it, pulls like mad in comfort.

Still can't really figure how the KESSY entry works and also didn't realise that it doesn't come with reversing camera? Is that an option?

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 169

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Got mine delivered today! Delivery guy said he put 6 quid in it of petrol, when I turned the engine it was 0 miles left lol.

So happy with it, pulls like mad in comfort.

Still can't really figure how the KESSY entry works and also didn't realise that it doesn't come with reversing camera? Is that an option?
Camera used to be an option, not anymore.

What can't you figure out about KESSY?

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
You lock it by touching the outside of the door handle where the bump is. Unlock touching the inside.

Has anyone paid any attention to the power meter in their cars? Mine is showing theoretical peak power (213kW) at about 4500rpm all the way to redline. So either the car is more powerful than its supposed to be and won't admit it, or that it is inaccurate. I suspect a bit of both?

Also does it seem to you all that in gear acceleration (even when traction isn't a problem) isn't as good in 2nd and 3rd as it is in 4th? It just seems to come alive in 4th. It's almost like it's got a different map in lower gears.

Having had the car a month I'm enjoying it!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
You lock it by touching the outside of the door handle where the bump is. Unlock touching the inside.

Has anyone paid any attention to the power meter in their cars? Mine is showing theoretical peak power (213kW) at about 4500rpm all the way to redline. So either the car is more powerful than its supposed to be and won't admit it, or that it is inaccurate. I suspect a bit of both?

Also does it seem to you all that in gear acceleration (even when traction isn't a problem) isn't as good in 2nd and 3rd as it is in 4th? It just seems to come alive in 4th. It's almost like it's got a different map in lower gears.

Roughly 286bhp so near on correct!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Ah I see!
I can't seem to get it to lock the car when pressing on the door handle? I can unlock it, just not lock it so have to use the key.

If you use the key at any point it seems to not want to let you lock via touch for some reason till after a set time. Unsure why..?

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
Roughly 286bhp so near on correct!

I know, but it the needle and the meter go to 213kW BEFORE it should really be at peak power (supposedly 5400rpm), and then the car has more pull too after "peaking" on the meter, that's what I am getting at. So is the dial inaccurate and not allowed over 213kW or is the car more powerful than 213kW but the dial isn't allowed to admit it?

Pre WLTP cars often dynoed higher than rated but it was a concern that the post WLTPs would be bang on the money or a bit lacking vs the older ones because of GPF etc.

Reactions: louiskopite

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I know, but it the needle and the meter go to 213kW BEFORE it should really be at peak power (supposedly 5400rpm), and then the car has more pull too after "peaking" on the meter, that's what I am getting at. So is the dial inaccurate and not allowed over 213kW or is the car more powerful than 213kW but the dial isn't allowed to admit it?

Pre WLTP cars often dynoed higher than rated but it was a concern that the post WLTPs would be bang on the money or a bit lacking vs the older ones because of GPF etc.

Ah sorry I get what you mean now. Odd.. haven’t got answer but it may also be a bit of a gimmick so is just a show off screen?

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
Ah sorry I get what you mean now. Odd.. haven’t got answer but it may also be a bit of a gimmick so is just a show off screen?

Yeah I can only think the meter is inaccurate (but it should be fairly accurate, surely it knows fairly well what torque it's producing andt power is simple after that). Or it's more powerful than rated (which would be true to an extent anyway, the Leon is supposedly the same tune as the Golf R and S3 despite being marketed 10PS down).

Has anyone had a new car on the dyno?

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@TomScrut someone has mentioned in a thread here they are going to.. I can’t dig it out in my phone right now! I was always the under the impression VAG cars underestimated their worth..?

TomScrut

Mar 14, 2019
@TomScrut someone has mentioned in a thread here they are going to.. I can’t dig it out in my phone right now! I was always the under the impression VAG cars underestimated their worth..?

Yes they have as far as I am aware but with the emissions levels going up it was thought by some this would compromise performance

Mar 22, 2019
Ordered my Cupra 290 DSG Lux mid-February and was told delivery by the end of April when my current car was due to go back, this has gone back to end of May. Phoned Seat and was told it was awaiting a boat to Grimsby nearly two weeks ago, phoned again today to be told its still awaiting a boat and to phone back in another week :cry:

Pinscher90

May 2, 2019
Ordered on 01/04/2019 and I've been advised no build date yet - possibly around august :( anyone ordered around the same time?

It's a magnetic grey 290 (non-lux)!

Ordered mine on the 25 April hope I get it with 3-4 months time or am I dreaming lol

JSM Cupra

Mar 26, 2019
Has anyone else recently ordered a Mystery Blue or red Leon Cupra to be told that Seat are no longer producing them, just the white, black or grey? Not sure why Seat have done that, but the configurator no longer gives the option of blue or red.

Nikita

Feb 18, 2019

Thanks for the KESSY tip, I was a dumbass and was locking it by touching the inside :D

Ozzy 95

Apr 20, 2019
I ordered on the 25th March and had a build date given to me last week via email. I was given build week 17 with estimated delivery 3rd June.

I ordered a lux in desire red.
Same I ordered it in blue and been given 3rd June aswell. Hopefully no delays

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise