MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Thanks for the response and link.
I don’t mind taking it to a Seat dealer but thought it was a bit premature expecting an oil change after only 10 months.
It used to be necessary after the first 5,000 miles or so. Down to the inaccuracies in machining technology. Hence the breaking in period to prevent damaging your engine as bits and pieces rubbed more than they perhaps should. You’d change the oil to get all the metal filings out of the oil to save it clogging up your filters and stuff.

Reactions: Tivver500

MaximusDoom

Oct 2, 2014
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for the response and link.
I don’t mind taking it to a Seat dealer but thought it was a bit premature expecting an oil change after only 10 months.
No I understand. But if you consider that in 41 days it will actually be less than 3 weeks early. Just get it done in 41 days or there abouts.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Just booked mine in for it's first service. Will be a year but only 4.5k miles. As 'Daily Meme' says it'll be oil/filter change but the tech (who I know is pretty switched on) will give it a good check over..... (I have promised him a run out in my TVR when allowed 😉)....

Reactions: xyz

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Cheers again guys, I’ve read about the fixed service schedules vs long life service.
I have no idea which my car was set at the factory but presume the former based on that service message.

Looking online it appears the oil service fixed price is £189, pretty steep if it’s literally just an oil and filter change.

Last edited:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
In a similar situation a couple of months ago, my year-old '69' plate Golf being due it's first service at little over 4K miles.
Local VW dealer would have charged a fixed price of £184, so I found a nearer independent VAG outfit who quoted £48
less for the same service, using VW parts/approved oil and they uploaded the details to Volkswagen's service history
database, (supplying a print-out to confirm this had been done.)

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Just booked mine in for it's first service. Will be a year but only 4.5k miles. As 'Daily Meme' says it'll be oil/filter change but the tech (who I know is pretty switched on) will give it a good check over..... (I have promised him a run out in my TVR when allowed )....

A Griffith is my dream car but unfortunately, I don’t have a garage. I did a trackday in a Tuscan S some years ago - great and it blew away a Gallardo until it came to the corners where his stability control and 4wd helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor