MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Thanks for the response and link.
I don’t mind taking it to a Seat dealer but thought it was a bit premature expecting an oil change after only 10 months.
It used to be necessary after the first 5,000 miles or so. Down to the inaccuracies in machining technology. Hence the breaking in period to prevent damaging your engine as bits and pieces rubbed more than they perhaps should. You’d change the oil to get all the metal filings out of the oil to save it clogging up your filters and stuff.

MaximusDoom

Oct 2, 2014
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for the response and link.
I don’t mind taking it to a Seat dealer but thought it was a bit premature expecting an oil change after only 10 months.
No I understand. But if you consider that in 41 days it will actually be less than 3 weeks early. Just get it done in 41 days or there abouts.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Just booked mine in for it's first service. Will be a year but only 4.5k miles. As 'Daily Meme' says it'll be oil/filter change but the tech (who I know is pretty switched on) will give it a good check over..... (I have promised him a run out in my TVR when allowed 😉)....

Reactions: xyz

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Cheers again guys, I’ve read about the fixed service schedules vs long life service.
I have no idea which my car was set at the factory but presume the former based on that service message.

Looking online it appears the oil service fixed price is £189, pretty steep if it’s literally just an oil and filter change.

Last edited:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
In a similar situation a couple of months ago, my year-old '69' plate Golf being due it's first service at little over 4K miles.
Local VW dealer would have charged a fixed price of £184, so I found a nearer independent VAG outfit who quoted £48
less for the same service, using VW parts/approved oil and they uploaded the details to Volkswagen's service history
database, (supplying a print-out to confirm this had been done.)

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Just booked mine in for it's first service. Will be a year but only 4.5k miles. As 'Daily Meme' says it'll be oil/filter change but the tech (who I know is pretty switched on) will give it a good check over..... (I have promised him a run out in my TVR when allowed )....

A Griffith is my dream car but unfortunately, I don’t have a garage. I did a trackday in a Tuscan S some years ago - great and it blew away a Gallardo until it came to the corners where his stability control and 4wd helped him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Been on here since 2011 when I got my mk2 tsi sport, returned last year with a mk3 FR 184 dsg st (still in possession).

now I announce I own a cupra 300 st bought from a fellow forum member, update to come!
So a few weeks in and finding my feet, still not had a proper bit of fun (more frightening tbh)

Noticed the throttle response is really bad. On throttle mainly from standstill, and off the throttle seems like it carries on for half a second, bit more thank what you would expect with electronic throttle pedal. Probably fixable with intake mods which will have to wait until the new year. Unless that's what you get with high power cars?? Plus the inertia of going into hyperspeed maybe!!!

Had a blip at redline in sport mode, sort of a hesitation and delay going from 1st to 2nd with DSG. Like when a diesel hits redline and all torque drops. No warnings etc. Twice this has happened.

It's running oem panel filter and spark plugs fitted last week. Not sure I'm a fan of the REVO dsg map (had this and stage 1 installed previous owner) seems like it never wants to change gear in the very high rpms in sport, good job for the flappy paddles!

Still loving it, will love it more when this damp weather clears up.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
So a few weeks in and finding my feet, still not had a proper bit of fun (more frightening tbh)

Noticed the throttle response is really bad. On throttle mainly from standstill, and off the throttle seems like it carries on for half a second, bit more thank what you would expect with electronic throttle pedal. Probably fixable with intake mods which will have to wait until the new year. Unless that's what you get with high power cars?? Plus the inertia of going into hyperspeed maybe!!!

Had a blip at redline in sport mode, sort of a hesitation and delay going from 1st to 2nd with DSG. Like when a diesel hits redline and all torque drops. No warnings etc. Twice this has happened.

It's running oem panel filter and spark plugs fitted last week. Not sure I'm a fan of the REVO dsg map (had this and stage 1 installed previous owner) seems like it never wants to change gear in the very high rpms in sport, good job for the flappy paddles!

Still loving it, will love it more when this damp weather clears up.
Have you got the 6 speed DSG ?

The Revo DSG map for this gearbox has not got the best reputation to be honest.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Have you got the 6 speed DSG ?

The Revo DSG map for this gearbox has not got the best reputation to be honest.
Yes, I'll look into that.

It has some good features and protections from what I've read so far. I recon this would be good for track use if kept in auto, and if the changes are reponsive enough in manual

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
My 2 year lease ended and my Cupra was taken away today - lease company refused to extend. It's a very VERY sad day....
That's the first time I've heard of that happening but considering the shortage of used cars I wonder if that's their reason? If you'd decided to leave the marque with it's replacement then that may have some bearing too?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
My 2 year lease ended and my Cupra was taken away today - lease company refused to extend. It's a very VERY sad day....
I assume you went through a third party leasing agent. Mine is VWFS and they contacted me a few months before the end of the agreement asking if I wanted to extend, hand back or if I would be interested in speaking to BCA about purchasing it. I’m on an informal extension now as I’m waiting on a Tiguan R-line.

arc1969

Oct 21, 2019
Gloucestershire
That's the first time I've heard of that happening but considering the shortage of used cars I wonder if that's their reason? If you'd decided to leave the marque with it's replacement then that may have some bearing too?
The lease was organised by a broker, but I had to ask the leasing company direct and they said no. I did a quick check on second hand prices at the time of refusal, and low mileage used models like mine were selling for MORE than the actual purchase price two years ago. I bet that was a factor!

Last edited:
Reactions: xyz

arc1969

Oct 21, 2019
Gloucestershire
I assume you went through a third party leasing agent. Mine is VWFS and they contacted me a few months before the end of the agreement asking if I wanted to extend, hand back or if I would be interested in speaking to BCA about purchasing it. I’m on an informal extension now as I’m waiting on a Tiguan R-line.
Yeah through an agent, but I had no options apart from give it back. I'm carless now... nothing I'd like is available for months and after the Cupra I can't go backwards :eek:

Reactions: Copra68

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014

i came from a R line Tiguan to another cupra as I hated the Tiguan. They lack power etc.

Reactions: Copra68
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members