MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters
Mar 13, 2011
I've only seen pictures of alcantara buckets. Not saying they aren't available in leather, but perhaps you should check with your dealer?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
From the pictures I have seen I don't think you'd lose anything (apart from 1200 quid!). I really like them though and wish they were standard. If I could have spec'd them it would have taken the list price to very nearly 30k, madness for a Seat. Think they are being very cheeky with the price of the buckets.

Yep they definitely look nice, what I though the Leon had when I looked a few weeks ago was decent room in the back. I've looked at a focus st and with the recaros the rear is just cramped. Agree £1200 seems steep, a fully loaded Cupra could well be over £30k now, yikes! My fully loaded MK1 leon R was a tad under £20k!

leemac

Jun 24, 2007
Bristol
I've added them to my order lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gonna go and speak to Brett today. Was he able to offer you any kind of discount on them?

With ordering leather already the difference in price is only £500 so think it's worth it but does anybody know whether the bucket seats are available in all black as opposed to the black and grey?

The buckets are only in black/grey leather and it is an extra £500 over the standard leather.
He is gonna double check about the all black and give me a bell tomorrow.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
The buckets are only in black/grey leather and it is an extra £500 over the standard leather.
He is gonna double check about the all black and give me a bell tomorrow.

Have a look here lee, looks like black with white stripe only...
http://web1.seat.co.uk/static/brochures/SEAT_Leon_Cupra_brochure.pdf

What it doesn't say is if it's alcantara or leather, pic quality isn't great on the brochure, but looks like alcantara to me...

It's not on the car configurator yet though...

Last edited:

leemac

Jun 24, 2007
Bristol
Have a look here lee, looks like black with white stripe only...
http://web1.seat.co.uk/static/brochures/SEAT_Leon_Cupra_brochure.pdf

What it doesn't say is if it's alcantara or leather, pic quality isn't great on the brochure, but looks like alcantara to me...

It's not on the car configurator yet though...

Yeah I saw that yesterday they say the stitching is white and they are all leather the
Dealer confirmed this yesterday.
If you look at the standard leather black/grey they are the same colours as on the buckets.
Go on the optional equipment price list it says full black leather
With grey leatherette bolsters.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Yeah I saw that yesterday they say the stitching is white and they are all leather the
If you look at the standard leather black/grey they are the same colours as on the buckets.

Yes it does good point! I expect the picture quality isn't helping it look leather :) I am sure they'll be fantastic and comfy, but I'd want a sit in before handing over the money!

Bower1990

Apr 12, 2014
Northumberland

Not sure if the black/grey would look right in a red car or not?

Still hoping for an all black option in case my build week is july time

Leroy75

Bag of Sh1te, VXR!
Jul 24, 2007
Gainsborough
I was hoping to maybe get one ordered today. I'd arranged a test drive for today. Phoned dealer half hour before I got there so they could get it out of the showroom. All I got to do was sit in it, no test drive, no figure's of any sort and not even a p/x figure. Not too happy to say the least :(

Looked very nice tho :D

Mar 13, 2011
I was hoping to maybe get one ordered today. I'd arranged a test drive for today. Phoned dealer half hour before I got there so they could get it out of the showroom. All I got to do was sit in it, no test drive, no figure's of any sort and not even a p/x figure. Not too happy to say the least :(

Looked very nice tho :D

Go elsewhere. If you are not looking to p/ex carwow or drive the deal are probably best bet for a sensible deal. Lots of people seem to be gravitating towards the Stoke dealer who quotes on carwow enquiries.

Always frustrating trying to get a test drive locally though. Dealers around here are crap, for sure.

Leroy75

Bag of Sh1te, VXR!
Jul 24, 2007
Gainsborough
Go elsewhere. If you are not looking to p/ex carwow or drive the deal are probably best bet for a sensible deal. Lots of people seem to be gravitating towards the Stoke dealer who quotes on carwow enquiries.

Always frustrating trying to get a test drive locally though. Dealers around here are crap, for sure.

Yes I'll be going elsewhere. I checked out that carwow this morning. I'd never heard of them till I saw them mentioned on here. I also had a look at broker4cars which came up with a 5.5k saving on a virtually fully spec'd one.

I definately need a test drive first tho. Bought my current car based on the reviews and I'm just not keen on it!

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Yes I'll be going elsewhere. I checked out that carwow this morning. I'd never heard of them till I saw them mentioned on here. I also had a look at broker4cars which came up with a 5.5k saving on a virtually fully spec'd one.

I definately need a test drive first tho. Bought my current car based on the reviews and I'm just not keen on it!
You don't recommend the VXR then if you pic is anything to go by. I was going to test drive one.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I ordered Cupra 280 SC DSG back in March, still waiting, might be June now, but insurance was cheap £250 (Esure) have 3 points, and was hit by an untraced artic (Iceland - won't be going there again) but I'm on the wrong side of 50, so old is gold.

Leroy75

Bag of Sh1te, VXR!
Jul 24, 2007
Gainsborough
You don't recommend the VXR then if you pic is anything to go by. I was going to test drive one.

No mate. It's a great looking car and interior is a nice place to be. But too many issues with them. Stone chips the main one. Mines already been resprayed under warranty! They may have solved that problem now, I'm not sure. U need to check out the vxr forum. Depreciation is huge, gearbox not so smooth especially 2nd - 3rd and still torque steer. Plenty love the vxr tho so you should still test drive one. It is a fast car that handles great.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
No mate. It's a great looking car and interior is a nice place to be. But too many issues with them. Stone chips the main one. Mines already been resprayed under warranty! They may have solved that problem now, I'm not sure. U need to check out the vxr forum. Depreciation is huge, gearbox not so smooth especially 2nd - 3rd and still torque steer. Plenty love the vxr tho so you should still test drive one. It is a fast car that handles great.
Yh maybe but issues like that would really annoy me, I think I will still drive one but stuff like the stone chips will stick in my mind.

Mar 13, 2011
Any thought on the new Focus ST??

Was on my list at one point. However, I wasn't all that taken with the interior so didn't bother test driving one. There are some very big discounts to be had on them though. Got to be worth a look.

Mar 13, 2011

Don't think Seat will be a lot better for paint quality / stone chips to be honest. Our Mk2 doesn't look too bad because I am meticulous about touching stone chips up as they appear. The biggest annoyance is the plastic parts are black and show up really badly on a white car.

Best approach to avoiding stone chips is to hang back from the traffic. Not always easy, I admit.

Leroy75

Bag of Sh1te, VXR!
Jul 24, 2007
Gainsborough
Don't think Seat will be a lot better for paint quality / stone chips to be honest. Our Mk2 doesn't look too bad because I am meticulous about touching stone chips up as they appear. The biggest annoyance is the plastic parts are black and show up really badly on a white car.

Best approach to avoiding stone chips is to hang back from the traffic. Not always easy, I admit.

It was very bad with the vxr. Owners were having the whole car resprayed under warranty. Poor quality paint plus 20" wheels with soft tyres! The sides were covered in chips, not just one or two. Literally hundreds. Puts you off driving it hard as you can hear the stones rattling around the wheel arches.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.