MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
Got my Cupra getting delivered in September on by birthday of all days :D

Only downside is I hope I’m not having to wait about all day!

Reactions: Meeky

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Nice to get a comparison when you've had time it it. I'm only 500m in but off the bat.

Cupra Pros:
Gear shifting is faster/nicer
Cornering is much more improved goes hand in hand with handling
Interior feels a nicer place to be
Flat bottom steering wheel
Dash and OIL TEMP GAUGE is absolute killer feature (mate jumped in the other day and nearly cried as he's got a 135 as well)
Android auto/acp
Seats being alacantra (cool in summer/warm in winter)
Hopefully a little better mpg but not much
Insurance price is much better (Getting ridiculous on the m134/140s now)

One thing i will always miss on that 135 is the pull, my god, looking back the way it just effortlessly pulled was insane. Think i will try the linear throttle coding as i just feel like it's not the same input type.

My brother has an M140i and i have a Cupra 290 hatch. I coded the linear throttle and it makes such a difference. Without it, acceleration feels sluggish by comparison (you notice it a lot more after you add linear throttle), however, it does make the launch control feature pretty much useless.

Reactions: Tivver500

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My brother has an M140i and i have a Cupra 290 hatch. I coded the linear throttle and it makes such a difference. Without it, acceleration feels sluggish by comparison (you notice it a lot more after you add linear throttle), however, it does make the launch control feature pretty much useless.
Have you gone stage 1? This is by far the best improvement I've made to the car. The torque increase is immense. Acceleration is incredible when rolling, even my missus was impressed (slightly scared too) by the difference.

Did you fit the carbon R splitter you bought with the compensation from SEAT. I've not seen one on a red Cupra yet. I've ended up with the Maxton V4 as couldn't justify the cost of the Cupra R splitter. Finally got the R grills too now that every man and his dog has them haha.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Have you gone stage 1? This is by far the best improvement I've made to the car. The torque increase is immense. Acceleration is incredible when rolling, even my missus was impressed (slightly scared too) by the difference.

Did you fit the carbon R splitter you bought with the compensation from SEAT. I've not seen one on a red Cupra yet. I've ended up with the Maxton V4 as couldn't justify the cost of the Cupra R splitter. Finally got the R grills too now that every man and his dog has them haha.
I think I might on your recommendation. What was the cost, roughly?

I do have the splitter, but the guy I wanted to fit it has been making people deliver their cars two weeks prior to him starting work on it. His wife has cancer so he isn't taking any chances. So I haven't been able to get it fitted yet.

Also, I've only just been given the green light by the physio to start driving again this week. Its been from May to now without really being driven, did about 100 miles over that period.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I think I might on your recommendation. What was the cost, roughly?

I do have the splitter, but the guy I wanted to fit it has been making people deliver their cars two weeks prior to him starting work on it. His wife has cancer so he isn't taking any chances. So I haven't been able to get it fitted yet.

Also, I've only just been given the green light by the physio to start driving again this week. Its been from May to now without really being driven, did about 100 miles over that period.
I wondered where you'd gone. I was checking your build page the other day hoping to see your splitter but noticed you hadn't been active in a while. Glad to hear you can drive again. I was out of country from March until July so being making up for the lack of driving since I got back too.
I went JB4 for warranty reasons, the fact the JB4s hold their own against custom maps and the high praise they get. So £3-400 depending if you go new or 2nd hand. Can't fault it in the month I've had it fitted. Done around 1k miles with it and it's not coming off. Glad I took Zero's advice.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
I did code the linear throttle from the carista app. It made a big difference thanks.

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
Delivery arranged for Friday 25th ! At last I’m going to be able to drive the car I ordered 9 months ago ? To be honest I didn’t think it would happen with all this crazy stuff going on , so well chuffed.

Reactions: Meeky and Kirky
Aug 13, 2020
Mine arrived this week!!

Attachments

• 182811D7-30D7-4870-A85D-AF80DE128EEE.jpeg
    182811D7-30D7-4870-A85D-AF80DE128EEE.jpeg
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 154

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Lockdown doesn't stop you driving for fun ?. In fact it makes driving more fun as the roads are quieter.

Reactions: AirBM
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.