MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I have had my Cupra hatch for a few months now and done around 1500 miles so have had time to get used to it. I have come from a m135i previously and have found the Cupra more engaging with performance not too dissimilar. I have a vx220 turbo also which is running similar power to the Cupra at 300 bhp and was interested in seeing how they would differ in performance. The Cupra certainly feels fast once rolling ( the vx would be quicker to 60 being rwd and lighter but I’m not interested in destroying the clutch). I’m more keen to see the difference once rolling so 30-60, 30-70 etc. I tried some tests on a performance data app and the vx was recording considerably quicker, however I have read that they are not very accurate, so have ordered a proper dragy unit. I will post up some data once I have had time to test. I don’t expect the Cupra to be too far behind during in gear acceleration as it does seem to have some good shove. Has anyone recorded any performance figures on either the standard or modified Cupra? If so what kind of times were recorded for say 30-60, 30-70 and 60-100, 100-120 tests?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I know mine does 100-200kph in 9.1 (DriftBox). I have a Revo stage 1 tune ~370hp. Not a lot of measurements I know since my DriftBox broke. I'm now waiting for a Dragy.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I know mine does 100-200kph in 9.1 (DriftBox). I have a Revo stage 1 tune ~370hp. Not a lot of measurements I know since my DriftBox broke. I'm now waiting for a Dragy.
That’s very quick if you hit that kind of figure with a dragy.

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Strangely, despite everyone modding their cars with more copper, I haven't seen anyone else with copper mirrors and the R grills. I've seen tons of Cupras but all have been stock and either White, Blue or Red

Am I the only one that doesn't like the copper badging. I pre-ordered some 3m and covered them asap.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Am I the only one that doesn't like the copper badging. I pre-ordered some 3m and covered them asap.
No I think there are a lot of people who don't. It looks pretty bad on the red car but with the other colours it contrasts quite well. I hugely prefer it over the chrome of the previous models.

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
Hi guys, had my roof and part of my bumper wrapped in gloss black today and really happy with the end result. I’ll put a picture up tomorrow .

Reactions: Rob66

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
37F780E0-9666-4FF8-BE04-C30D92F7E938.jpeg
883F312A-A444-4BA6-BC17-9756B860A30B.jpeg
3B7326CF-02CF-4EF4-9F8E-BA4F61529B6C.jpeg
16553B06-77B6-489F-8154-2EE12F4CA3D5.jpeg

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Is the roof wrapped? at first glance I thought you had the pano sunroof like mine but knew it didnt extend the whole roof. Lol.

Reactions: Minibbullet

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
Not a great day in the Cupra! Barely managed to keep up with some Hybrid merc saloon this morning (roads were very wet and I was in comfort mode S to be fair)

Then later on a golf R gapped me, not sure if it was stock as it went flying, he must have got close to if not surpassed 140mph!

When I finally got home and walked into my house some chavvy looking girl who was walking past looked back and took a picture of my car according to my gf. I’m not sure, I doubt most women even know what a Cupra is.

will be securing my locks tonight anyway that will be for sure.

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
So, got this delivered today. Not new but new to me. 2020 (69) cupra st dsg 4 drive in magnetic grey. Finally had the chance to upgrade from my 17 FR and jumped at the chance with my pcp ending next march. Certainly a real step up from the FR and the power is unreal in comparison.
92271ce15b158552aa5c36a629d8301d.jpg
1133b23445f5ff206c2b5e88f169b025.jpg
ab5669d62b8461b4be02cae74ef0cdfa.jpg
32b6268f765d0243a3c18fd01a558288.jpg
4b0ec0781f2cd6e343c9c4750665cc48.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

arc1969

Oct 21, 2019
Gloucestershire
Anyone else experience what feels like the car pausing for a gear change (automatic) under hard acceleration?

It's happened twice to me now.. Both times, foot on the floor accelerating hard to 70 ;) at what I think is 3th to 4th(?) the car literally nose dives for a second, no power (feels like fuel starvation actually) then it finds the gear and off it blasts again. Model year 2020 hatchback, in standard comfort mode, gear in s-mode.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Anyone else experience what feels like the car pausing for a gear change (automatic) under hard acceleration?

It's happened twice to me now.. Both times, foot on the floor accelerating hard to 70 ;) at what I think is 3th to 4th(?) the car literally nose dives for a second, no power (feels like fuel starvation actually) then it finds the gear and off it blasts again. Model year 2020 hatchback, in standard comfort mode, gear in s-mode.

Stock car shouldn't do that. Fuel level low? Or poor fuel which can cause corrections and throttle closure. Cupra ECU modulates the throttle using torque targeting so even if pedal is at 100% the throttle may not be.

What you are describing sounds like the car ran out fuel. On a stock car the most likely reason is low or poor fuel. On a tuned car it could be fuel rail pressure need to be adjusted (higher boost need more fuel).

Last edited:

arc1969

Oct 21, 2019
Gloucestershire
Stock car shouldn't do that. Fuel level low? Or poor fuel which can cause corrections and throttle closure. Cupra ECU modulates the throttle using torque targeting so even if pedal is at 100% the throttle may not be.

What you are describing sounds like the car ran out fuel. On a stock car the most likely reason is low or poor fuel. On a tuned car it could be fuel rail pressure need to be adjusted (higher boost need more fuel).

I exclusively use Shell V Power and on this last occasion the tank was half full. I'm thinking I need to get it looked at, but it's one of those issues where it doesn't happen every time. And of course, I have to tell the garage to floor it hard up a dual carriage way to try and reproduce it :cautious:

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I exclusively use Shell V Power and on this last occasion the tank was half full. I'm thinking I need to get it looked at, but it's one of those issues where it doesn't happen every time. And of course, I have to tell the garage to floor it hard up a dual carriage way to try and reproduce it :cautious:

Hmm sounds like fuel is good but you never know. I'd have it looked at if it happens on your next refuel.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Anyone able to advise on first service schedule/ time line please.

Looking at my records the car was first registered March 2020, however due to Covid I didn’t receive the car until the second week of June 2020.

I presumed this would need an annual service a year from when I received the car however the display is showing oil change in 6899 miles or 41 days ( car has done 3k so far.)

If I followed the 41 days message it would mean the car is having its first service after only 10 months, does this sound correct or can I just wait until at least the full year ?

Thanks in advance.

MaximusDoom

Oct 2, 2014
Nottingham, UK
Anyone able to advise on first service schedule/ time line please.

Looking at my records the car was first registered March 2020, however due to Covid I didn’t receive the car until the second week of June 2020.

I presumed this would need an annual service a year from when I received the car however the display is showing oil change in 6899 miles or 41 days ( car has done 3k so far.)

If I followed the 41 days message it would mean the car is having its first service after only 10 months, does this sound correct or can I just wait until at least the full year ?

Thanks in advance.
I believe the yearly/lower mileage service is just for an oil and oil filter change. The 3 yearly/higher mileage service is for oli and all filter change such as air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, oil filter and oil change. If you can find a TPS locally you can buy VW group original parts and oil at a fraction of the cost than you can from the dealer which will also keep your warranty intact, obviously making sure you keep the receipts. For example, the recommended oil from TPS is around £15+VAT for 5 litres, where as I remember the dealer charged me £50 for enough to do the oil change on the first service. If you do it like this it won't cost much for the first service just to make sure it's done. If you need to reset the service milage warning, if you do the service yourself that is, here's a guide....

Hope this helps

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for the response and link.
I don’t mind taking it to a Seat dealer but thought it was a bit premature expecting an oil change after only 10 months.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members