mk4 aerial

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
hey folks
i've gone to change the standard aerial on my ibiza 2day and found that it is an anti theft aerial which seems to unscrew as normal to a certain point and then won't go any further!
u can then bend it back (i presume this is to go thru car washes and the like)
i've got a honda s2000 aerial to put on and i really wanna do this!!
any body changed their aerials, and if so, how d'ya get the bloody things off :D

regards

dan

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
pull like a bugger fella trust me , push the base to the roof , and pull the stalk ,1st time is a pain , it gets easier , but then ur throwing it away anyhow ,

Triple D

stoneyfordNI said:
pull like a bugger fella trust me , push the base to the roof , and pull the stalk ,1st time is a pain , it gets easier , but then ur throwing it away anyhow ,
you still talking about the arial you dirty bugger?:lol:

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Put something against the base of the arial that's attached to the car to protect the paint eg thick cloth. Then using an open ended spanner slot it between the end of the arial in its horizontal position and the arial base and lever the arial towards the back of the car - it'll click and come lose. When I changed mine to the civic one it was a nightmare to pull off - but maybe I don't pull as much as Stoney:D

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
if i had a conscience i could take that to heart fella

ps. ur car is toooooooo clean

You know I'm only joking:D I have another car for commuting its nearly as bad as devonmikeyboy's if that's what he's running around in. Whoops I have to watch what I say I'm in negotiations with him at the mo.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/maxcars1/product-6317304.jpg

The car that's toooooooo clean looks good in the garage:D

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
ok lads, thanks for the replies, so its a case of support the base and pull! will this not damage the base?? don't really wanna be doing anything that could damage the car, as the Seat dealership have already told me that its not advisable to try and remove the aerial!
i just don't want them going "i told u so!!"

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
DanDiesel said:
ok lads, thanks for the replies, so its a case of support the base and pull! will this not damage the base?? don't really wanna be doing anything that could damage the car, as the Seat dealership have already told me that its not advisable to try and remove the aerial!
i just don't want them going "i told u so!!"

Ignore the dealer - just make sure you protect the paint, just in case you slip with the aerial. Yes it is tight, and the roof panel is a bit flimsy, but it does come off and the Honda aerial just makes it look sooooooooo much better.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Whats the saying Steven - "if i had a conscience i could take that to heart fella" Now Now guys

Oh and Kyle the rear lights are going on and the 312s:D

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
good fella , i must admit , i had my products out today ......no not those ones , megs stuff , nice n shiny in a stone chipped way , loads of black bits on bootlid, not anymore thanks to polish and elbow action, the NXT generation speed detailer is good , after i polished , sprayed on , wiped off , aaaggghhh mmmyyy eeeyyyysss im blind , good shine

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
good fella , i must admit , i had my products out today ......no not those ones , megs stuff , nice n shiny in a stone chipped way , loads of black bits on bootlid, not anymore thanks to polish and elbow action, the NXT generation speed detailer is good , after i polished , sprayed on , wiped off , aaaggghhh mmmyyy eeeyyyysss im blind , good shine

Mines had the full prep now so all I'll be doing is a wash and detail spray to keep on top of it. yeh I did play today because the weather was great - I did the engine:redface: So what I want to know is what has Kyle been buying then?

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
mmm , mikes hubs , so he can go big discs, his engine cover 4 bling n something else , cant remeber, plus a porter cable polisher , think thats all ,

and last time i seen him.. brace urself.....his car was dirty

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise