Mk4 Cupra TDI standard equipment & options

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Hi all

I'm trying to suss out what equipment was fitted as standard, and what options have been available, on Mk4 Cupra TDIs since they were launched.

I used to have an 03 TDI Sport, with lots of extra goodies that I specced in Europe (ESP, Xenons, rain sensor, dimming mirror, etc etc).
Now I know that the Cupra TDIs didn't come with any of those, but wondered about equipment like heated door mirrors, MP3 stereo, that kind of thing.

Over to you :)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Lee, Cupra specs are a bit of a lottery.

Over my old 130, this car gains ESP but loses the extra 2 guages and the detachble panel on the headunit, other than that the spec is the same.

Later models got steering wheel controls and Alana MP3s, then the "facelift" came and all it got was a new rear wiper, steering wheel, gearknob and silver background centre caps, and then luxry packs!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Alright Tom, thanks for that.

Do you know what year/month the facelift happened ?
And when the MP3/steering wheel controls were introduced ?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
My 06 car is the facelift model so it has the floppy wipers, but doesn't have a mp3 headunit or steering wheel controls as standard. The headunit issue's now fixed thanks to a nice Becker HU I installed though. :)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Here's a pic of the seat:
CupraSeatLogo.jpg

And another pic of my baby :)
CupraFront.jpg

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
The facelift came in at the first quarter of 2006 in the UK, as I was over in the UK in March of that year, and the Preston SEAT garage only just started getting the facelifted models in.

ESP & EBA is standard on the Cupra but not on any other models. Auto Lights were never an option in the UK only dipping rear view mirror and rain sensor was available in that respect. Cruise Control & Head Protection Airbags were also on the options list, along with Electric Sunroof etc.

I have brochures for when the FR first came on the market and also when the Ibiza range was facelifted...

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Cruise control and heated mirrors are part of the convenience pack on the latest models. Not sure about previously though...

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yeah the options listed above are part of the convenience packs.

Have you tried this: http://www.configurator.seat.co.uk - its a car configurator so it gives you all the colour options and option packs for the MY08 range. Now you can spec up your perfect Cupra ;)

Edit - just specced up my perfect one and it doesn't show whats in the option pack. www.drivethedeal.co.uk might be a better place to go, and it'll give you a nicer price.

Last edited:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Sadly my budget wouldn't allow me to look at new ones, would prob have to be a couple of years old (so if I'm looking to buy next year, prob around an 06 model).

By the sounds of it, the options are so much of a lottery I'll just have to look round and ask questions at the time.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Good luck with it Lee, you'll enjoy it, especially if you get it remapped :)

Yeah the options lottery is annoying, my 04 got nothing!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
my 07 got nothing either :( not even heated mirrors!!! but it is a sport after all... i would go for a oldish Fr if u can more extras.... i should have done this but i liked the facelift to much lol

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
You could of had my facelifted remapped Ibiza for £10k ??? lol

I've done the "buy a TDI Sport/FR and bolt all the extra bits on", this time I can't be arsed.
Decent brakes, huge FMIC, better wheels, all straight out of the box with the Cupra; just needs a remap (£200-300), mufflerectomy (~£100) and rear spacers (~£100). Job done.

That's the plan for next year anyway, although I've changed my mind 3 times so far, started off with plans for a nice A4 estate, then decided that was too expensive and an Altea would be better, but now decided it would make more sense for the other half to get something more child/luggage friendly, and I'll get myself another Ibiza.
So we can use the other half's car for trips out, holidays, etc, and I can rattle my fillings out to my hearts content to & from work every day in an Ibiza.

Who knows, this time next week I could think of something completely different. The new Punto TDI 130 Multijets do look half tempting I must admit, lots of standard kit, decent engine, 17" wheels, 5-star NCAP, good reviews....shame they don't do a more powerful diesel. On the downside, they're Fiats, IMHO they look ugly, I don't know the first thing about them, couldn't use vag-com, and couldn't come here for help :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members