mk4 ibiza custom honeycomb grill + pics

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
ok so i started a custom honeycomb grill like the one evo2345 did, still unfinished but will show the prgress im making with it, i beleive i will be the 2nd mk4 ibiza to have one of these if it turns out well enough, i still have to filler in the S logo holder, smooth all the filler down and then primer and paint anthrecite, then add a red lip and finish by putting the S logo back in, also in anthrecite.

progress pics:
mini-honeycomb001.jpg

mini-honeycomb003.jpg

mini-honeycomb005.jpg

mini-honeycomb007.jpg

mini-DSCF4266.jpg

mini-DSCF4265.jpg

mini-DSCF4270.jpg

mini-DSCF4269.jpg

mini-honeycomb018.jpg

mini-honeycomb013.jpg

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
nah all kinda comes apart as one, depending how u cut it cout i guess, im using the most usless tools i had lying around lol, a hack saw blade (no handle) kinda hurts ur hands a bit, and then various bits n bobz nothing special required really, sanding down the filler is a job on its own, im trying files also but its tough stuff

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
that looks fantastic on the photoshop, great work mate

wish i could make one, i'm rubbish with those types of things

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
all done, primered painted and laquered, just now waiting on the red paint drying and i will clip the S fully in place, and so long as that goes ok with out paint transfer, i will fit either later today or tomorrow and see how it looks, bit rough round the edges but hey im no pro and think i have done a reasonable attempt at it......hope you lguys like
mini-DSCF4271.jpg

mini-DSCF4272.jpg

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
looks good mate, was on ebay earlier today looking for a another grill so i can have ago myself to see what i can come up with out of my dads garage, have been thinking about making one with wire mesh fixed more to the rear of the grill giving it a deeper looker not too sure though may have to take some pics and start photoshopping!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
yeh i kinda fuc*ed it trying to put the s back in, i had a feeling it would spear, the paint has to go on thick making it tight to get the s back in and in turn it smears the red and looks crap so i forced it in and will re-paint it all again :(:(, may end up not putting it on if it looks gash

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.