Mobile Phone Mount & Parrot Car Kit

mart_is_good

Hey all,

I've been reading some threads on this forum for a while but haven't posted yet! I got myself a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi Sportrider back in August. It's my first VAG ever and until today I was very pleased with it.

I'm trying to fit a Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit. Plugging everything in was not a problem - I had it going within about 15 minutes (thanks to the stereo removal instructions on this forum!). Then, I wanted to neaten the cabling so I set about trying to remove the pillar trim and dashboard so I could thread the microphone lead from the sun visor to the stereo where the Parrot car kit is to be located. I removed the small console trim around the stereo and air conditioning unit. I want to remove the black bit of dash from the centre of the dash and around the dials so that I can thread this cable, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. I don't know which screws to remove.

Also I have a new iPhone car holder which features a holder and a Seat Ibiza adapter. These two parts connect to make, what should be, a good car holder. Here is a link the the fitting instructions for the Seat Ibiza adapter part:

http://www.brodit.com/montering.jsp?anr=853080

This requires part of the clip to sit behind the stereo surround and the other to sit behind this black centre dashboard part. I am having trouble separating the main dash from this centre part so this would be another helpful to remove the centre part of the dash.

So I guess my question is: does anyone know how to remove the black centre part of the dash (silver on the FR) that goes around the dials and centre console?

I could remove the entire dash from my old Clio within an hour, so I don't know why this is proving so difficult! It's only the centre part of the dash that I want to remove not the entire thing!

Any help will be appreciated,
Martin

pow

May 26, 2007
I've got a Motorola kit in my car and a Bordit Active holder for my E66 -I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

I have that mount in my FR and you dont need to remove any dash or trim to fit that!

However bin the little plastic tool as it is pants and will only mark your dash, get your self down to a stationary store and for the strongest double sided tape you can. Put the bottom pice in, then clean up the area on the top with some meths (I found this out after it all fell of heading down the a12) and push the pice in and hold the tape done for a few seconds till it sticks.

Ill try and take a few photos tomorrow at some point and post them up if i get a chance.

mart_is_good

Cheers for the replies :) I have managed to sort it all now by feeding the mic cable using a stiff bit of wire through the dash! My car is all back together now too! All the bits work well together and the iPhone cradle seems to fit with some brute force! Hopefully won't pop off but this remains to be seen I guess!

In case anyone else has an Ibiza and an iPhone 3G or is interested I used the following products to connect my car and my iPhone:
1) Kensington LiquidAUX For iPhone to charge it and play music into the aux port of the Ibiza stereo:
http://uk.kensington.com/html/15104.html
2)a) Brodit ProClip for Ibiza (center mount):
http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=653080
2)b) Brodit ProClip for iPhone 3G with pass-through connector and tilt and swivel holder:
http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=915246
3) Parrot CK-3000 Evolution Car Kit for making/receiving calls via Bluetooth.

There is no single product for both music and calls when I last searched. My solution seems to work well, but I guess only time will tell :) One bonus of having a wired music connection is the high music quality, and Bluetooth for calls is more convenient for short journeys when I cant be bothered to use the cradle!

Hopefully with the iPhone mounted in the center I can use its Google maps feature making it a kind of crude SatNav device until Apple allow turn by turn software to be written for it! Hurry up and do whatever you are going to do Apple - I want full SatNav from my iPhone SOON!

This is my attempt at using my iPhone for both calls and music in the car......

IMG_2333.jpg

web.jpg

mart_is_good

This is my attempt at using my iPhone for both calls and music in the car......

Can't see the images!

By the way, does anyone know a way of neatly fixing interior wires to the dash? Maybe a black sticky fixer pad thing? I've got a cable going to the Aux port and one going to the iPhone cradle and they just hang where they want at the moment. I want to make then follow dash lines and not be in the way! Any suggestions?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.