modules measuring blocks and adaptations

Jun 28, 2001
you can no longer communicate with most modules using aftermarket equipment as it has all been encrypted and now uses a different lead to connect to 5051 for cars 2004 >

Last edited:

tji100

So what is the definitive answer? Can my VAG-COM serial interface communicate with later cars, or in fact, can ANY VAG-COM interface be used or do I have to go to the dealer?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that'll be for the Altea/ToledoIII/New Leon though - not (for example) an MY05 Ibiza

It'll only be a matter of time anyway

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
<rant>
Winds me up when big companies do that. Microsoft, Apple, record labels (copy protected audio CDs), Hollywood studios etc (region coding, CSS).
And now car mfrs.

In a relatively short space of time it is always defeated by some bright spark but not before it has peed off the consumer in the street.

As a software developer myself I'm all for giving the copyright holder their dues, but when big companies abuse their position by using IP laws as a stick to beat the competition or the customer it helps nobody in the long run.

If you want to scare yourself silly do some reading about TCI (Trusted Computing Initiative). 1984 is nearly here. It's about time we in the EU had some decent fair use clauses enshrined in IP laws. Although with the DMCA I think the battle is already lost for our chums over the pond.
</rant>

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm not 100% sure they can be secretive due to being OBDII compliant

it must meet certain specifications in order for codes to be read etc.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
then do you know how can I make the windows go up when I lock the car with the remote? I had a procedure but it's for module 35,,, should I try the same for module 46?

front seat driv

Hello all.

I've asked this question in various forums (fora?) but still have not had an answer.

Is it possible, using vagcom or at a dealership, to recode my ECU's convenience control unit so that I can remotely fold the electric side mirrors using the close button on my key fob?

I can currentlly fold/unfold the mirrors using the switch inside the car but would like this extra function if it is available.

Anyone know?

Cheers

The front seat driver

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.