My Black Magic Mk1 LEON Cupra TDI index in 1st post

verble fr

I had the same code mate. So changed all the glow plugs to see if that made any difference. The light stayed off for about a week then came back on. So I sprayed wd-40 in each glow plug cap and pushed them on and off a few times to make a good connection and it's been fine ever since. Hope this helps

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Hi Mark, great thread have to say.

I have a 2004 cupra tdi black, like yours.

I'm looking into a DIY induction kit. I have a length of aluminium hose but its too wide. I took out the airbox and battery to see how much space i have.

The battery is a problem. I see you've moved yours over to accomodate the Carbonio (great job by the way!!)

Is this hard to do, it looks like it would be hard to put different holes in it to move it over.

How did you do this yourself? I want to run a pipe from foglight up to air box, but the bloody shape of the box is not helping at all as the OEM pipe runs in diagonally rather than from a side.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Yours is a tidy job.

It was 100mm or 4inch, far too big.

Turns out, I went about it a little different - I ran another feed into the box and left the original feed there.

I joined a pipe up to the scoop pipe in the lower front bumper that just runs air into the bay. I ran a pipe from this into the airbox. Turbo sounds more lively and because i used a long pipe, the chances of any water etc getting the whole way up to the box are very low.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
so going to wire up the Alpine sub under the dash using the under dash powerblock

2012-01-29192635.jpg

powerblock.jpg

test fitted yesterday in between snow showers and it sounded great - really suprised by sound quality from such a small unit.

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
did u book in after

when i read that post about moving battery ? thought he never

i didnt either just alot of potching to get it in

as for comment about the water getting sucked up i wouldnt bet on it not sucking up ,
try reving the car with your hand over the pipe without a filter (obviosuly getting a helping hand to rev while you hand is there )
its got some sucking power there, more than the Dyson !! [prob more than Bankok wh0re ]!!!

think i need to get vagcom on the car too

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
After Reading Poliq's Thread Link about swapping out the Rear Fog lamps for extra Tail lamps - I decided that as I cannot remember the last time I used the rear fogs I too would swap mine.

Before - Tail and Fogs on
2012-02-22195055.jpg

Halfway - Offside swapped
2012-02-22195209.jpg

Done - both swapped
2012-02-22195349.jpg

So basically so far I have used 5w side lamps to replace fog lamps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.