My Ibiza Cupra MK4 1.8T 20vt.Big Turbo GT28RS setup in progress

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Hello all...

thought id start a thread on my car too.

Aint got many pics (or up to date ones) at the mo on this computer but will be posting quite a lot soon.

2007 model petrol 1800cc Turbo(K03s) with 27000 Km emoticon Red.

Spent quite a lot of money to tune it from scratch and still got loads of gear sitting on my dest(or hidden under the bed) to install. Aint got much free time though so still waiting for that day off from work, for many months now lol...

Just a few c***y pics for a start...

Mods:

1. revo stage 2 repro with revo select plus controller.
2. FMIC cupra (stock)
3. forge TIP
4. Pipercross C0177 & C0176
5. crank case breather filter pipercross
6. forge FMDV006 with blue spring
7. 4 bar fpr BOSCH
8. evo heatshield (sitting on my desk)
9. N75F (stock)
10. Vibratechnics dog bone (sitting on my desk)
11. Neuspeed water thermostat (sitting on my desk)
12. 70mm Custom Downpipe & Decat
13. Sparks Bosch F5DPOR
14. Custom grounding kit (sitting on my desk)
15. Cat back with single muffler (custom) 63.5mm
16. Magnetic sump tap ECS (sitting on my desk)
17. SS300 Oil Filter Mag (sitting on my desk)
18. 100cpi VIC catalyst (sitting on my desk-will re install it soon)
19. KW Variant 3 coilovers
20. seat sport strut brace
21. 20mm adjustable whiteline anti sway bar (rear) (sitting under the bed :p)
22. Toyo R888 205 40 17 Semi slics (last upgrade i made well worth it)
23. Brembo drilled discs(front 312x25) with Seat sport (galfer) callipers
24. (rear) S3 brakes (drilled discs and audi S3 callipers) (waiting to be painted and installed at the garage
25. Goodridge high pressure brake line kit (front and rear)
26. Motul 4 RBF 600 brake fluid
27. Ferodo DS2500 brake pads-Ferodo premier rear pads
28. Xenon 6000K kit
29. Greddy Boost and EGT gauges 52mm
30. LLumar tinted windows
31. Foot rest ranieri
32. Door sils Seat Sport
33. Air vent chrome rings
34. Seat Sport floor mats
35. Smoked side repeaters(side sitting on my desk)
36. JVC AVX 810
37. Helix 12P precision Sub woofer (sitting on my parents lounge)
38. ESX 4 channel amp (Sitting on my parents lounge)
39. Helix 1000Fa (same as above)
40. Wiring kit by ground zero (same as above)
41. Custom front number plate (illegal stuff but the stock one sucked big time since it was huge :rolleyes:)
42. Debadged front and side grilles kit (not custom made)
43. Painted the Stock Cupra alloys (antracite is what i asked for but they ended up with a lighter colour :( )
44. Side aerodynamics kit by autotest.
45. Painted side door protection fillets (doesnt sound right but you get the idea on what it is :p)
46. INA high flow exhaust manifold
47. Forge bov recirculation kit
48. Oval Pioneer boot speakers

Cant remember of anything else at the moment.

I know ive got too much gear to install but since i am working on a construction site, i aint got any day offs the last few months (years maybe)...

The car handles and drives really well i can say. Running 9boost 8 or 9 advance during winter (after logging it of course), the Toyos made a HUGE HUGE difference on the Greek worn tarmacs...in fresh tarmac the car drives 100 times better than before. I am not a fan of drag racing. I preffer twisty country roads :whistle::)

Need to take a few days off to install all of my engine gear at least, as well as a new 70mm cat back system (instead of my 63.5 one), adjust my coilovers and ionstall double bump stops as my plastic arches have huge holes on them, update revo a bit and a couple of things.

My car hasnt got many miles in it yet so upgrading the turbo isnt what i am currently planing for. (rather keep the money and get a 09 busa is what i am planning to do)

Thats it for now.

Will get back with some proper pics of the engine, interior and exterior.

Dimitrios
South Greece

Last edited:

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Nah.

Arround here these cars are popular.

I currently had a 63.5mm exhaust...went decat and 70mm on the DP to lower the CF of the car and for more power on high revs...the car is running full boost anyways.

Going Full 70mm i think...

Car runs a lot better with the 70mm dp and decat...drag raced a mate before the difference was big. At the end of the day it depends on the code of the car and the peripherals...

Thanks for the comment Al...youre the only one lol...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
You mean the rear tail pipe?

The stock was good. I upgraded the whole exhaust so the rear pipe had to go. These tail pipes are quite standard arround here nowadays.

In fact most manufacturers use the same layout. ie jap style exhausts. :)

Its all about performance. So 63.5mm is what everyone used to go for. However in the road to fine tuning 70mm exhausts etc became even more standard so...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Ok nearly finished with my mods...

well in fact i think ill stay with my current setup for a while....its running great on 9boost and 9 timing (maxxed Revo settings)

Fitted the rear S3 brakes, the fog bone (the vibration was intolerable in the beggining...but its a lot smoother now...still with climate control on its driving you mad....lol), fitted the thermostat, rear anti sway bar (rear is a lot better now) blah blah and i also changed all of the coolant with the best performing Repsol Puro. I know its not G12 but the organic is not imported arround here. Repsol states there is no prob whatsoever...

few pics from the recent mods and the exterior view of the beeza

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Ouch been ages since i last checked my thread...

lol

The honeycomb is made by MS designs i think....the previous owner bought is so i dont really know details...its a kit with the side grills...

Ordered some 330x32 6 piston brakes with callipers and 2 piece discs etc...gonna be installing a new smaller jap style looking end muffler soon as well as painting or foiling with 3M carbon foil, the lower lip of the front bumper...

Finally when the weather gets better i will be repainting the wheels in dark grey since antracite is not known arround here....unfortunately...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
SO..

spent the last few days in garages in Athens in order to upgrade a few more things on my ride...

I think it looks meaner now...

Fitted my XYZ 330x32 6 pot calliper brake kit...Stopping power is better..also bite of the callipers to the touch on the brake pedal is quicker...sorry for the bad description but my english aint that good...

Havent had time to test them from v high speeds or in uphill runs...since they are still quite new...300Kms driven approximately....

Also...i wanted to paint the frong cupra lip on my bumper to match the antracite look of the grille etc...
Decided to do some car foiling there with 3M carbon foil. This foil is excellent and has a v good quality. You can feel to the touch the pattern. I decided to foil the mirror covers too to match them...
Spent 160 euro there...which is not cheap...oh well...

FInally installed a new end muffler. Went for the jap style look a bit since i got bored of my huge end muffler pipe... The new muffler is tiny. 120mm in diameter and 450mm in length with a tailpipe of just 80mm to get that big turbo look i always liked.) Its more noisy of course...but hey...who doesnt like engine sound lol.

Gonna order the INA manifold too in a few days to get some extra power out of my maxxed K03s...and then maybe my first and last dyno run...
Will get the wheels repainted, hoping for the painter to match the antracite colour i initially asked for....Maybe ill ask them to match the color of the OZ ultraleggeras...graphite...I hope they match this colour this time...

Will keep you updated.

Heres some random pics from my garages visit in Athens to complete my mods...

http://img63.imageshack.us/g/18012010087.jpg/

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Small update...

have already driven the car for arround 600kms...unfortunately the wheather has been rainy most of the time.

I can see the marks made by the pads on the discs are bigger now...nearly all of the discs are worn slowly so the pads are making better contact now.

I think in a few more km driven they should be ready for some serious testing lol...

That also explains, the feeling of a better bite when pushing the brake pedal compared to the Galfers.
Stopping power is better with the 6 calipers, however i need to take the car on a twisty road when the wheather gets better in order to have a full idea on their performance...

I am sure with a new set of pads (DS2500) in the future, stopping power will be even greater :)

ado_boro

Lovin your Ibiza! Wish I had a red one now! Mind me asking where you bought your front grills?

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
They were purchased from a store here in Greece.

they are MS Design if i am not mistaken.

they were quite expensive too along with the side grilles.

Youd be better getting an FK grille or make your own one. It will be much cheaper...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members