My ibiza cupra tdi rolling road result

Mat

all you have done here is come on picking to and from trying to be clever

dude, i'm trying to help you out here..... do you know what gear it was done in?

as said, as long as your happy with the way it feels and pulls, that's all that matters.... but in regards to the RR, I'd be questioning the company

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
dude, i'm trying to help you out here..... do you know what gear it was done in?

as said, as long as your happy with the way it feels and pulls, that's all that matters.... but in regards to the RR, I'd be questioning the company

no your not !

im not questioning nothing - im not even getting into it with you because your not worth it.

knackerdecobre

The majority of VAG cars should be RR'd in 4th gear, as its the gear which gives the ratio closest to 1:1 (ie engine spins at 4000rpm and wheels are turning at 4000rpm) so it gives the truest reading of torque (and power as it is a calculation of torque). So running cars in 3rd gives a higher (but false) torque figure and higher power figure, so the figures aren't worth the paper they're written on and you money has been wasted.

As said, peak power should be higher up the rev-range sometime after 4k as it gives you much more driveability, its only really alright at 3.5k if you are only motorway driving (but then whats the point of tuning for sitting at a steady speed!). Even standard peak power is at just over 4k!

Anyway, rolling roads weren't designed to give figures on a piece of paper, they are for live mapping and tuning, fault diagnosis and engine running-in. Only when someone realised they could make money from a few calculations, they started making figures for torque and power.

Best way to see how 'good' your car is, is to take it down the 1/4 mile strip, who cares if you have 10000000bhp, if it all comes in one burst its uncontrollable and wasted, I would much prefer 100bhp thats a nice smooth delivery!

andypandypoos

Rodeo Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Cowley, Oxford
You're doin 73.49mph 3,543rpm. Rolling Roads should be done in 4th gear (as any decent tuner would know). And if in 4th gear, at that RPM, I'd est. that the car should be doin 90ish. Thus meaning this graph was done in 3rd gear, but the RR was probably set up for a 4th run.... Which gave a silly high torqure figure

pretty sure that 3500ish rpm in 4th is pretty much 75mph in mine. in fact I think I'm hitting the limiter in 3rd at 80mph

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
pretty sure that 3500ish rpm in 4th is pretty much 75mph in mine. in fact I think I'm hitting the limiter in 3rd at 80mph

i think that aswell

my old hybrid fabia used to pull to 80 in 3rd well but this ibiza doesn't. the gearing doesn't seem the same......

i will confirm this when its back home though ! but to be honast its really not worth justifying this to that geezer....

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Cupra and FR have shorter ratio boxes than the Sport. My sport Will hit 115mph in 4th, and maxes about 75 in 3rd.

Does seem a bit odd though how everything to come out of TT make power figures well over the odds. Pretty sure it was them who were claiming 270+bhp on a fabia running nothing more than a hybrid gt1749 and a turbo back exhaust, when the injectors physically arent capable of flowing that.

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
ah Tom - you must be the chap whos good mates with mat ?

yeah look on pistonheads atm with the claim of 270+ in the ibiza section........

come on you other tdi cupra owners - throw up your graphs !

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
ah Tom - you must be the chap whos good mates with mat ?

yeah look on pistonheads atm with the claim of 270+ in the ibiza section........

come on you other tdi cupra owners - throw up your graphs !

Yep. That means im going to be tarred with the same brush as him then im guessing?

Had a look at the one on PH. Classic example of a mislead customer. It's appauling what companies will tell people sometimes. As for the 2 different RR readouts making similar figures, it's more believable, given that your turbo has gone pop.

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
Yep. That means im going to be tarred with the same brush as him then im guessing?

Had a look at the one on PH. Classic example of a mislead customer. It's appauling what companies will tell people sometimes. As for the 2 different RR readouts making similar figures, it's more believable, given that your turbo has gone pop.

no - of corse not. :)

typical irish guy.....screw the boost up as much as possible.....

to be honast i think it's time for a change as soon as it gets fixed. i really cant be arsed with the problems it might bring being modded etc.... and all this has made me think twice about it.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i got a hydrid pd 130, only running 215 bhp @ 360 torque on a dyno dynamics RR! if an exhaust and air filter give you 210 bhp then fair play! something doesn't seem quite right tho!

The double peak on the torque graph indicates mayb a VNT bar being adjusted wrong giving too much boost hence a high reading! that is y you may have blown the turbo!

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
well - its not the turbo.......well it might be but not the main thing

no 2 piston has cracked and its needing new pistons - to hell with ever buying another modded car ! im done with SEAT's a LCR engine droped a valve a year back with me and this has caused me nout but bloody hastle.....

im gona buy a push bike.......

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
well - its not the turbo.......well it might be but not the main thing

no 2 piston has cracked and its needing new pistons - to hell with ever buying another modded car ! im done with SEAT's a LCR engine droped a valve a year back with me and this has caused me nout but bloody hastle.....

im gona buy a push bike.......

or maybe start listening :lol:

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
lol - il keep her in my yard till im 21 in a couple of months and get something naturaly fast

cheaper insurence an it gives me time to put it back to standard.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.