My Ibiza + Custom Remap @ Star, Results.....

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
My Mk3 Ibiza had a custom remap @ Star performance last week here are the results.

Modifications:-

- K03S Turbo
- Blueflame D/P + 100 cell race cat (heatwrapped)
- Forge DV
- Forge TIP
- 4 bar FPR
- Jabbasport FMIC kit
- Jetex cat back
- Dynatwist Green Ind kit

Fuel used:-

- Shell V-power (99RON)

Power = 247bhp

Torque = 234 lb/ft

Torque is a bit low for my liking I expected alot more (its only up 12 lb/ft since I've fitted everything apart from the jetex and dynatwist, though up 60bhp). He said that it was hard to map for torque because of my 100cell cat and could not map it for any more torque than that as its so free flowing and there was'nt enough back pressure. And he normally uses and recommends 200cell cats.

First I have heard of that being a problem myself, but I don't map cars so I don't know. My car goes really well, but I feel it could be doing with more torque.

Opinions...

Last edited:

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
i can see why you'd be dissapointed, especially when most poeple seem to get 250lb/ft with k03s. but its still better than standard! How about getting a milltek sports cat and seeing if jim will tweak the map for you - if thats what he thinks is keeping the figures down then im sure he wouldnt mind proving himself right.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
He said that it was hard to map for torque because of my 100cell cat and could not map it for any more torque than that as its so free flowing. And he normally uses and recommends 200cell cats.

LMAO!! :lol:

you say torque could be better...why? cos you only got 234lb/ft?

forget about the RR results, log it and compare it with others, qtr mile times etc

Last edited:

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
which is very pleasing i'm sure but not accurate

its a good guide that the car is running pretty well

but imo he seems like the person that gets strung up on RR numbers and it just isnt worth worrying about

hence my post edited

Mate, you don't know me from adam, I don't really care about RR figures but how do you know 247bhp is not accurate you have no proof. I'm baseing this on actually driving the car, maybe Its just that my car does'nt really impress me that much after being in my bros 430bhp+ car and his mates which are even more powerful. Just asking for opinions on the torque figure thats all.

Much more intrested in 1/4 mile times like you said, thats what I do.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Mate, you don't know me from adam, I don't really care about RR figures but how do you know 247bhp is not accurate you have no proof. I'm baseing this on actually driving the car, maybe Its just that my car does'nt really impress me that much after being in my bros 430bhp+ car and his mates which are even more powerful. Just asking for opinions on the torque figure thats all.

he says that because we saw a nice healthy cupra with the same mods as yours put out 220bhp on the rollers the other week.

Your torque does seem quite low as I'm sure the daz had something like 270lbs on his KO3s and even I had 240lbs on my KO3. Dont know if the exhaust affects it like you said though

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales

im not judging you, you can believe all you want but I know because I know Rolling roads are not accurate....thats my proof

like i said, a good guide

Last edited:

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
im not judging you, you can believe all you want but I know because I know Rolling roads are not accurate....thats my proof

like i said, a good guide

Ok mate fair enough, but in this 'good guide' forgetting the power figure I was just wondering if anyone else thought my torque was low for the mods? and if the 100cell really could be its downfall on a turbo as small as a K03S? people have had 270 and 280 lb/ft from a K03S have they not?

Last edited:

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Ok mate fair enough, but in this 'good guide' forgetting the power figure I was just wondering if anyone else thought my torque was low for the mods? and if the 100cell really could be its downfall on a turbo as small as a K03S? people have had 270 and 280 lb/ft from a K03S have they not?

like i said above............anyway they use your torque to calculate the bhp so if a rolling road is out on bhp its out on torque

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
it is low, especially since like Trucido mentioned many people have achieved more from less if you get me

i myself made 244lb/ft on k03 turbo and Cupra_Daz has made 280odd with k03s Revo st2

but the difference is the rollers, different rollers on different days. there goes the accuracy debate right out the window cos it could go on for ever

however, it is better to look at the power/torque graphs before debating accuracy. atleast if there was a problem then it would be obvious in the graph

but logging is more usable (and tends to be free)

IMO i'd immediately dismiss the excuse about the cat

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
What isyour intercooler like? do you have to lose the fog lights?
I would expect your results to be around 235BHP and 270ftlb, IMO

My intercooler is big, with free flowing pipework, yes had to lose the fogs I would have prefered more torque than power TBH.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
When i had mine at star with K03s on it he RR'd it and told me he didn't want to map it cause he couldn't improve on it.

The spec then was

K03s
ATP Mani
2.5" DP and 200cell cat
cat back exhaust
induction kit
007p valve
Revo stage 1

It made 230 BHP and 250 ib/ft

but he could of easily just mapped it and taken the 500 quid, instead he charged me 30 odd for RR time.

Then i went to stage 2 revo which ruined it in my opinion. every car is different. Still good figures mate,

But i know what you mean, torque turns wheels.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Torque does seem low, but its all about what its like on the road. Maybe some logs or a different RR would be nice to see.

As long as your happy tho.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
LMAO!! :lol:

you say torque could be better...why? cos you only got 234lb/ft?

forget about the RR results, log it and compare it with others, qtr mile times etc

I had my ibiza dyno'd on sunday was keeping fingers crossed for around 220bhp and the car produced 209bhp@4693rpm and 244ft.lb

and this is from a man that says forget about RR results,

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114613

sorry dont mean to affend but you always slate people about posting/complaning about there RR results and then you make a post like that.

David.

Last edited: