My New BIG TURBO Thread

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
lol. If only eveyone knew what the piper cams were. So could that have been why it never ran right with the engine change? Ive got 4 sets of BAM cams. :)
If you read the post Alex, I am fitting the Jabba sport spec piper cams to fix the problem of agu cams not being perfect, loads of people fit and have no problems.
The problem could not have been that bad or it would have been picked up during mapping
Just happy Mike is sorting and hope my car will be right .

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Next update! Well going on the rollers this afternoon for first stage of mapping:D
Turbo kit fully fitted , But did not go with cams as there were no vvt spec and they would have worked but not perfect :) so standard bam one fitted

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
how did it get on on the rollers then??

Mapping tomorrow as Mike needs to change injectors due to them being a little to big.
They were seimens 628 and they are fitting 530cc ones now.
Thing are looking good :) for big power [B)]

audiman

I love boost
Nov 16, 2003
YEOVIL
Visit site
I dont get all this injectors too big crap. If you have to custom map a car then why cant you adjust the duty cycle to suit the car?? Its common sense.

Only time you may find them too big is low throttle openings/idle, never at WOT.

Im not going to argue about that in another thread! :) LOL

Good luck, which tuner is doing it this time?? Look forward to seeing some graphs tomorrow.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
I dont get all this injectors too big crap. If you have to custom map a car then why cant you adjust the duty cycle to suit the car?? Its common sense.
Sam phoned me today and when he told me about the injectors i did question this also.i guess Sam has to go with what jabbasport tell him the same as i have to do with MRC;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the mapping tables and injector resizing is'nt available to everyones mapping tools, so adjustments within the window'd parameters is what some people have to accomodate... which is where MAF housing sizing becomes linked to injector sizes run.

you would be surprised quite how close an IHIVF34 file is to a std TT file
;)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
for info. (i forgot to say) i was told through a friend of quattronics that they arnt 440's.

carnt remember what was said but they questioned quattronics and it was said that they are somehow bigger!?

HoocH

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
530's will hits 90%+ duty at 400bhp.What is your goal bhp?

I run 750cc's at 400bhp,i have seen 92% on 750's at 500bhp and 95%+ at 530bhp.

G12MO X

Jul 21, 2007
Well it is ready for collection this weekend Will post power plots as soon as I get it
Well the results so far are as follows,
420 Hp , 390 FP Torque. 1 bar boost at 3800 / 2.1 bar boost at 4200, hits 400hP by 5000 RPM and holds to 7700
the next thing to do is open up the pipe work from turbo to inlet manafold as the 2.1 bar at the turbo is reduced to 1.85 at inlet manafold, Fitting larger intercooler and 70mm pipe work all the way through. may also have to put battery in the boot so that a nice smooth flowing pipe can join the R32 TB and APR inlet manafold.
Still it goes like f^%k

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
Are these figures on jabba's RR?It will not be the pipework that is the restriction.Running 60mm and have seen 550bhp.Are you still running the two stock intercoolers?if so that will be the restriction.
550cc injectors will do 430bhp at 4 bar pressure at around 95% duty(at a good afr) and i wouldn't reccommend running any more.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Are these figures on jabba's RR?It will not be the pipework that is the restriction.Running 60mm and have seen 550bhp.Are you still running the two stock intercoolers?if so that will be the restriction.
Sams got a fmic but is changing it for a better one.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.