My Seat Leon Cupra R ** CAR SOLD* NEW CAR!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
trying to get it through an MOT at the mo so booked in for the 1st job of 4 which needs doing lol

1. To supply and fit the Front anti roll bar with an Eibach 25mm anti roll bar and performance poly bushes and front wishbone poly bushes (sport/road use ones) going in for work 31st of jan should still be comfortable ish with out being brutally rock hard if i went for race ones

Also got an audi s3 air vent for a liquid boost gauge got it cheap on ebay for £12 so can just slide out the cupra r one with out breaking it apart

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
still do for mot! after job 1

2. x2 new rear tyres required

3. To supply and fit the front Wishbone rear bushes (both sides) with Powerflex performance poly bushes

4. inner CV boot needs fixing just started to split

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
cheers roinin yup will get that done same time job no.3 the rear right? as the fronts being done iirc

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
will keep you posted! gotta get some pics soon thread is a let down

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
RDS be down for the rolling road day in march so be good to see you then :D get some snaps

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Update** car went into JKM for its performance poly bushes on the fronts + front Wishbone rear bushes all round to be fitted and eibach ARB to go on to replace the worn out standard one whilst the car was on the ramps the anti roll bar eibach had supplied turned out would not fit!!

After checking with eibach directly the ARB they sent was just for a seat leon not a cupra r, eibach insisted it was the correct part but JKM said its not right it won't fit! car is on the ramps now and it won't go on!! finally eibach went back to the techy people and confirmed the problem! they are now working on producing one for the Cupra R for the end of feb/march thats no good to me can't wait for that....

So the final solution was to go with a R32 ARB and use that one instead on the plus side this was thicker and should be better than the eibach one so that went on car its now back and its loads better than before so happy chappy :D job 1 and 2 off the MOT list

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Next up is x2 rear tyres and inner CV boot needs fixing just started to split

may go for a refurb with the wheels

then its brakes and liquid boost gauge time to use my s3 air vent i have here waiting

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah it should be good no mate that will be after MOT rear ARB and bushes on there deffo to come as there is a bit of squeaking coming from the back

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
RS6 im having similar problems to you. Your CV joint issue...is it a grinding sound when your on full left lock?....

What about the ride quality with the superpros? Mine are getting fitted in a couple weeks. Full set, so loking forward to that

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah much better with the new bushes mine are the road/sport ones not race ones as they would be for track use only and probably rough as hell on the roads, deffo tightens everything up enough but with out ruining the ride quality completely yeah cv boot is making bit of noise just started to go by the looks of it booked in already for next month

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members