My Seat Leon Cupra R ** CAR SOLD* NEW CAR!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Update car passed its mot :D GET IN!

bye bye AMD Stage 2 Map we had fun when it was working correctly but sadly you had to go

Got the Revo Stage 2 software put on today WOW what a difference car feels so smooth to drive now and still kicks really hard when you floor it, totally different to drive now even low down its better you don't have to floor it to get the wow factor totally different animal now need to play around with it some more but the guys at JKM said you should not have any more problems with any silly fault codes :D and reading on the Revo site the software actually maps out the emissions light which is very common to flash up if you run a sports cat or decat which is the problem i was having

Still got to let it bed in a bit and the ECU will self learn over the next coming weeks

so far so good! no more reaching for vagcom once a week

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
just ordered x2 little revo white stickers for the car will change the AMD one from the boot to a revo
but keep the other two AMD ones on the doors

brad1

I'm glad your happy mate, see what I meant about Revo in the PM ;) What settings have you got it on?

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Yeah can see what you mean now brad, not sure what settings its running on as i was at work when JKM set it up, are you using a controller on yours i know you can adjust the settings etc i may have to look into getting the SPS controller for this

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Awesome update mate. Great to hear your happy with the car again. Been hearing further tweaks being done to the Revo map for the LCR and hearing all positive updates

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Awesome update mate. Great to hear your happy with the car again. Been hearing further tweaks being done to the Revo map for the LCR and hearing all positive updates

Thanks EL yeah not been to happy with it recently having to take the key out all the time and restart it to get it working correctly was a pain and all the hassle with the same 2 fault codes appearing every week and the eml light coming on for a 15min journey to work was getting so annoying

Actually checked it twice today with the vagcom tbh expecting to see some faults but nothing hooorray!! :D

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Info for anyone else considering Revo Stage 2

http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=product

Stage 2 Performance Software

Revo Stage 2 performance software has been developed to attain the best possible performance from cars with bolt on performance modifications such as a performance exhaust, sports or de cat, intake and intercooler. Stage 2 ties together the upgrades and is tuned to maximise their potential on your car.
Typically you can see another 10-15% on top of the gain from stock to stage1 when using the recommended hardware upgrades.

Stage 2 allows you to run a de-cat or sports cat without having a CEL (Check Engine Light) come on. It also gives you more flexibility with settings over stage 1 to make the most of the additional potential from the up-rated hardware. For details of required hardware specification please the specific product page for your vehicle or consult your local Revo dealer.

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Mini review of second remap!

Some of you may or may not be aware that I have had a few issues with the AMD Stage 2 map two random fault codes that would not go away and an EML light that would flash up regulary related to emissions. So its been a few days now since Revo stage 2 map was loaded on to the car and oh my god! what a difference to drive these last few days have just been great!

I have to say its the happiest i've ever been with the car since i bought it power wise :funk: its just astonishing!, it just keeps on pulling and pulling, the t/c light comes on trying to help out but its just happy days! even low down there is so much torque you can just drive a round town with ease and with out needing to drop down a gear, it just pulls so smoothly even in a high gear at low speed,very impressed, on the motorway its bliss it picks up acceleration so quickly its effortless to overtake and to cover ground you can really cruise with it to

Country roads its just keep going and going easily past where i have backed off for fear of death! it pulls right up to the red line and there is such a kick in the seat when your driving it you really do feel it, fuel wise its even better than the last map i've done alot of mileage this weekend and the fuel gauge has barley moved normally used to just watching it drop in real time, its kicks so hard im totally in love with it, where as the last map i had, it felt very patchy with power, this is just so smooth to drive its totally different setup now to before

one very happy revo customer, going to get an SPS Switch ordered asap now so i can see what the current settings are on there and adjust if needed, but tbh at the moment its been learning now for a few days and its just getting better and better! finally at a happy point with the car, and again no fault codes have come up after scanning no eml light, perfect finally! :D

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
James I'm pleased your happy with the car now it sounds great.

I'd love to compare mine to yours I'm really keen to. If your ever back down my way near Orpington or even back at Lakeside near AmD please give me a shout. That's if it would be cool to show me the REVO :) How much did you pay for the REVO stage 2 code if you don't mind me asking?

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Yeah sure if that rolling road day takes place back down at AMD i will be there :D you can take it out for spin no probs

The price of the revo map was £299 for me that takes into account £100 off special offer

its then about £120 inc vat for the sps switch so deep pockets required lol (i will get this this at some point)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
A great write up James. It's very useful to hear other people's feedback on maps, especially for those that still run a standard map...Cough...Me...I think I must be one of the last ones to get a remap (boring I know). I had a Revo map on an old car (Fiesta RST in my student days) and it was effortless and super smooth. Revo has always been the goal with my LCR; the more I hear, the more assured I become, so thanks.

I bet you've done just a few miles this weekend..... Do you have any further plans for engine performance, or is this as far as it needs to go?

James :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah sure if that rolling road day takes place back down at AMD i will be there :D you can take it out for spin no probs

The price of the revo map was £299 for me that takes into account £100 off special offer

its then about £120 inc vat for the sps switch so deep pockets required lol (i will get this this at some point)

Nice one cheers James. I might be REVO before that RR day which is likely to be in August if it does happen.

So £299 for a stage 2 code?! That's pretty good. I might just go for it within the next month and put some other jobs on hold for the time being.

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Thanks James for the postive comments hope it helps people out there, yes its been a real learning experience with these remaps tbh i thought i would only need to get it mapped once but due to the on going problems i had to change it and AMD is not local to me! very pleased i did switch to the revo map if i was you i would go down that route, you will notice the difference straight away plus using the controller you have the option to switch back to the standard map if you don't have all the stage 2 upgrades in place a good way to run it i think perfect for stage 1, i also believe revo offer a free trial so may be worth having a look and see what you think of it

Not really going any further forward in terms of engine performance stage 3 is rather out of my price range! and i have already spent far to much! i will get the revo sps controller at some point so i can play round with the settings and i might get the rods uprated and some point maybe dec, im still after a few little bits such as the 225 steering wheel, a liquid boost gauge new discs and pads all round need to be sorted, bushes and strut braces along with anti roll bars, would also like to get the forge wheel spacers so not quite finished yet but the bulk of its been done now phew :)

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Nice one cheers James. I might be REVO before that RR day which is likely to be in August if it does happen.

So £299 for a stage 2 code?! That's pretty good. I might just go for it within the next month and put some other jobs on hold for the time being.

Do it t0m you won't want to go back book it up now, i bet you have zero fault codes after as well :D

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Sent JKM an email asking about the settings for the revo map just to ask if they needed to be increased or adjusted? got a fantastic email back explaining the settings and how they have set it up on the car, the end result is the car is setup perfectly and will not be needing the sps controller after all :D
JKM have been fantastic and car is running so sweet now very happy!

Hi James

Thanks for the Email.

Your car as per every REVO car that has adjustable software settings (as not all of the do) has been set up by JKM following actual road testing and data logging of various engine parameters, whilst allowing for some overhead which is very important.

We set the REVO settings for you, so that you do not need to purchase an SPS – the setting up is part of what you pay for within the REVO price.

Your cars REVO settings are Boost 7 and Timing 5.

The settings for the REVO code are decided upon after analysing a combination of data channels, including:

Boost pressure (Comparing the Requested against the Actual value) and looking at the N75 duty cycle, i.e how hard the turbo is being worked to make the requested and actual levels meet up. Alongside this, the Ignition timing under full load is assessed, along with Air Fuel ratio and Air temperature – specifically for their influence on ignition retard correction.

We will set the Revo ignition timing setting to ensure that the ECU’s knock correction is not excessive. You can plug in an SPS and increase the Revo timing number but all that the ECU will do is increase the ignition ‘correction value’ which is not good, as you will often feel that the car is not as smooth sitting on large correction values - and this is certainly not the way to tune

I would be cautious suggesting that you increase the Revo boost setting further, as in our experience the LCR K04 turbo is not the most reliable when being pushed hard/aggressive for prolonged time periods – if you set the boost to say 9 for the most aggressive tune, you would need to accept that the life of the turbo may well reduce rapidly as we have seen happen on other LCR’s.

You can purchase an SPS device, however you will need to become competent with data logging, and correctly loading the car up on the road - in order to ensure that the data logs you will be making and the modifications to the REVO settings are correct and accurate.

Last edited:

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
With an SPS controller you can change the following settings with the switch

As i want the car as reliable as possible checking with my settings above they are already set to some good values (compared to below) so i won't be adjusting it anytime soon it should be able to take some stick etc with out breaking :) perfect for track use etc

Boost Adjustment:

Range 0 Valet Mode

Range 1 Stock Boost

Range 6 Performance Boost

Range 9 Aggressive Boost

Timing Adjustment:

Range 0-3 91(US)/95(Euro) Octane Fuel

Range 4-6 93(US)/98(Euro) Octane Fuel

Range 7-9 Unleaded Race Fuel over 100 Octane

Fuel Adjustment:

Range 0 Stock Air-Fuel Ratio (AFR)

Range 9 Performance Air-Fuel Ratio (AFR)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.