New wheels for LCR.... No luck

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
been searching the net for wheels that I like which is pretty much impossible, I suppose theres a few out there, but having photoshoped (badly) some examples onto my car I'm beggining to think not much suits the LCR :(

Anyway went to have some 19" RS6's fitted to the car today and brake caliper clearance shat on that plan. Didn't really like anything else in the shop so now I'm well stuffed.

Anyone got any suggestions that don't silly money??

still like Compomotive Mo's and looking at Ice Caverns site, they'll fit, but not sure what I should be paying for them

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I have just put some 19" OZ Superleggaras on my LCR,because when i was looking i had the same problem..................trying to find wheels that will fit over the brakes,but without having to use any spacers,and unfortunately,they were the only ones.

Compomotives are really nice wheels aswell,but i don't think they make them any larger than 18":confused:

I was unsure about the Superleggs,but now they are on and the car is lowered i really love how they look:thumbup:

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
Not convinced on spacers:think: , but I did ask and they didn't have any. If I could see how they locate, and providing it all looks secure I'd consider them:)

Really need to keep the standard wheels come trade in time.

Like Superleggaras, but still not sure on thin spoke wheels in any other design than standard. Good quality tho

Compomotive's would be cool in 18's :) think that would be big enough for that style of wheel

RobDon

Pro Detailer
RS6's need 10mm spacers, RS4's need 8mm, Compomotives clear with no spacers and 5mm clearance, Kei Racing D1's clear with 10mm space. Speedline Turini's need 3mm spacers, as do Oettingers. I believe BBS CH clear with no spacers but they are ET30 and stick out a bit. Pretty sure Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in 18" clear without spacers and they come in black, white and silver.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
RobDon said:
RS6's need 10mm spacers, RS4's need 8mm, Compomotives clear with no spacers and 5mm clearance, Kei Racing D1's clear with 10mm space. Speedline Turini's need 3mm spacers, as do Oettingers. I believe BBS CH clear with no spacers but they are ET30 and stick out a bit.

Hope that helps.

jesus mate, thats a lot of info, nice one:D

half tempted for BBS's but they are big money and not sure what they would look like

they suggested KEi's today, but their styles are more suited to jap cars

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
sorry to hijack the thread, ive got 18" rs6 wheels on my leon cupra (not R) and keep hearing a knocking noise whilst on lock, any ideas if this is catching on anything as could not see anything myself?, cheers

*on standard brakes*

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
Legohead said:
jesus mate, thats a lot of info, nice one:D

half tempted for BBS's but they are big money and not sure what they would look like

they suggested KEi's today, but their styles are more suited to jap cars

KEI D1's are a nice looking wheel, i'm looking at getting either D1's or compomotive MO's................ maybe i'll just get m LCR wheels powdercoated in a shadow chrome finish instead, who knows?

what is the correct offset for a LCR anyway?

Last edited:

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
leoghead,

I was gonna get some kei force 10 wheels before the RS6 wheels

big_wheel_force10.jpg

I still like these lots but cost a bit more ££ then my RS6's

anyone got any ideas about my question in post #10?

Last edited:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
could it be a wheel bearing on the way out? i've found some pictures and now i really don't know what to do
mo19c.jpg

mo19.jpg

big_wheel_d1.jpg

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Karlos, unsure about the wheel bearing, sounds more of the wheel to me?

by the way of the the 3 wheels I prefer the the first one, after the kei force 10 wheels of course, sweet!

Last edited:

paul26982

my wheel bearing has just went, because its under 60k, there doing it under wareenty, thought it would have being wear and tear, but not, very strange for an 04 plate too, must just be unlucky

paul26982

oh and would love to see that white ones on a face lift cupra or R, especially if its a red car, havnt seeing one yet

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
KEI D1's are a nice wheel, simple design which I like, but possibly a bit too jap style. Calld about D2's but jap PCD only:rolleyes:

been quoted a lot for Compomotive MO's, £280 per wheel :blink: just trying to find people that stock them is tricky.

BBS CH's are a suggested on their web site and even pictured on a Leon, just not sure on the style.

the search continues, lol

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members