OBD Modifications

Oct 15, 2022
Hi guys,
How do you activate this view for the Virtual Cockpit?
I have activated the Cupra view but can't find this one.
It is the Formentor view.
Thank you.
Cupra-Formentor-VZ_10-1024x640.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Yes, it is a default view on Formentor.
I want to activate this view on Seat Leon Sportstourer FR.
If it's anything like mib2 there is a set of images that can be deployed across the range so you can make your car look like another model. Question of hitting on the configuration. I changed mine into a Cupra Ateca from a standard Ateca as part of a mib2 standard v mib2 high conversation on missing images.

In this post I changed the standard Ateca image into the Cupra one so all related images change to that on the mib2 high, the mib2 standard didnt have those images in it. What the thread is about.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/car-image-in-infotainment.461221/page-2#post-4930616

So the thread talks about the model images and then I got @BoyRacer to give me their VCDS dump so compared with the Obdeleven. Might need a bit of hex arithmetic to parse the long string. 10 was the key code for the Cupra brand of the Ateca.

So I suspect the Leon 4 infotainment unit has a load of preloaded images in it some for other models and may be the Formentor in it's mib3. Just needs looking at to check... whether its there is another thing. Might be dependent on the exact mib3 model and firmware.

Oct 15, 2022
I have all the updates done at the dealer, i have the 1896, i don't understand why it can't be activated... Even the older Ateca/Tarraco have this view...

Oct 31, 2022
Hi guys,

I did the steering wheel change and this is the complete guide, taken from here and improved. Now no errors in the gateway and Emergency assist is complete

- Obtain a capacitive steering wheel with travel assist button
- Switch on the ignition for power steering
- Turn wheel 90 degrees
- Release one side of the airbag unit with a flathead screwdriver
- Turn wheel 90 degrees, opposite direction
- Release the other side of the airbag unit with a flathead screwdriver
- Return steering wheel to neutral position
- Remove negative pole from battery and wait a few minutes
- Unplug airbag unit.
- Remove old steering wheel (M12 XZN tool required)
- Install new steering wheel (M12 XZN tool required) fix at 30nm + 90 degrees
- Install airbag unit
- Hook up battery
- Power on car, it may be necessary to restart the car again to reset errors.
- Coding with OBDeleven

- Select Driver Assistance A5
- Select Long coding
- Select KLR
- Set to Coded
- Select Point of intervention
- Set to Early
- Select HC Warn Intensity
- Set to Setting_over_menu
- Select HC variante
- Set to Variante_2
- Select Adaptive cruise control 13
- Select Long coding
- Select Capacitive_sterring_whell
- Set to Installed
- Select Travel Assist
- Set to Activated
- Select Gateway 19
- Select Adaptation
- Select Specified installation of sub-bus users
- Select Control module for sterring whell touch reconition
- Set to Yes

EMERGENCY BRAKE SYSTEM
- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance)
- Select Long Coding
- Select Emengecy Assist
- Set To EA Variant 4
- Select Control Unit 09
- Select Adaptation
- Flashing
- Fahrerassistenz Blinkenfunktionen
- Set to Wechselblinken Warnblinken Bremsblinken
- Warnblinken durch Fahrerassistenz
- Set to Active
- Hupen durch Fahrerassistenz
- Set to Active
- Travel Assist
- Set to Active

- Innenlicht durch_Fahrerassistenz
- Set to Active

Alternative

- Select Adaptation
- Interior light general setting
- Innenlicht durch_Fahrerassistenz
- Set to active
I tried all the data in my 2022 Formentor 1.5 tsi dsg vehicle and failed. I bought capacitive steering. Can someone help me?

Standard Equipmant :
Cupra Car Safety (Adaptative Cruise Control System + Lane Assist System + Park Assist System + Rear Cross Traffic Alert System + Lane departure Warning System + Door Opening Warning System + Front Assist System

Antera

Just a question because i cant find why:

I build in a few Travel assist steering wheels and coded without issue's. Untill last saterday.

Build in everthing like normal and coded also like always but the travel assist button only activate ACC instant. But no Travel assist. Locked the car for more then 10 minute's. Unhook the battery and wait again 10 minutes. But Travel assist wont be active. When putting back the original steering wheel we got travel assist error in AID. So all coding is right.

3 days later the guy contacted me and sayd travel assist was working by itself now. He didn't do anything else and the coding was still there. Out off the blue it works now.

I didnt understand. Today i did the above again on another new Leon and also it wont work. All coded but no TA. This guy is also going home and will contacted me iff this will also work out off the blue.

Got somebody got this simulair problem and got it figured out what the problem is of was?

Reactions: OmerG

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Have anyone tried switching steering wheels and coding acc on a reference model only fitted with cc from factory?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Just a question because i cant find why:

I build in a few Travel assist steering wheels and coded without issue's. Untill last saterday.

Build in everthing like normal and coded also like always but the travel assist button only activate ACC instant. But no Travel assist. Locked the car for more then 10 minute's. Unhook the battery and wait again 10 minutes. But Travel assist wont be active. When putting back the original steering wheel we got travel assist error in AID. So all coding is right.

3 days later the guy contacted me and sayd travel assist was working by itself now. He didn't do anything else and the coding was still there. Out off the blue it works now.

I didnt understand. Today i did the above again on another new Leon and also it wont work. All coded but no TA. This guy is also going home and will contacted me iff this will also work out off the blue.

Got somebody got this simulair problem and got it figured out what the problem is of was?

well, on my car it didn’t work right after. If I remember right, I had to like disable the acc, re-enable it and then TA worked.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.