Tell

OBDeleven Tool for VCDS type of activity... working ones for the Ateca

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Tell,
I have fitted a new Rain/Light/Humidity sensor and a new light switch with Auto position and I’m trying to long code the new sensor so I can enable auto lights and auto wipers in Adaptations.
Problem is, when I enter module 9 Central Electrics, I don’t get the 1/0 button option to view textual coding. Also, the long coding is all zero’s. I read this is an issue with newer VW/Seat cars but so far I haven’t found any other way of enabling the RLHS. Do you have any ideas?

Tell

Staff member
Have you seen this

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2284/rain-light-sensor-retrofit-coding

It's by dv52 who a veritable expert.

Possibly the text you are following.

It could be something that Obdeleven are working on ?. You could try emailing them.

I'm assuming I haven't lost that option myself in an upgrade of Obdeleven software. Moving house and home at the minute so it will have to go on the back burner as I rip the house apart.

Selection of Google's

https://www.google.com/search?q=dv5....34.mobile-heirloom-serp..5.1.174.XU48FqXsDkU

There is one that you should put the security code in first if it's not showing the long string or rather zeros. It will be dv52 who is the person to see what he's saying on the subject. He is I'd say the world expert on VCDS. Appears on many boards.

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
Have you seen this

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2284/rain-light-sensor-retrofit-coding

It's by dv52 who a veritable expert.

Possibly the text you are following.

It could be something that Obdeleven are working on ?. You could try emailing them.

I'm assuming I haven't lost that option myself in an upgrade of Obdeleven software. Moving house and home at the minute so it will have to go on the back burner as I rip the house apart.

Selection of Google's

https://www.google.com/search?q=dv5....34.mobile-heirloom-serp..5.1.174.XU48FqXsDkU

There is one that you should put the security code in first if it's not showing the long string or rather zeros. It will be dv52 who is the person to see what he's saying on the subject. He is I'd say the world expert on VCDS. Appears on many boards.
Hi Tell,
Thanks for your help, yes, I was following Don’s instructions. It all looked so clear I thought it would be dead easy to code the light switch and sensor, just my luck it’s proving difficult, haha!
I’ve left a message on that thread in the hope someone (maybe Don) can point me in the right direction.
Best of luck with your house move :)

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Thank for the best of luck. That's why I'm trying not to break anything on the car including the navigation, then I'll be in a much better place to work on these things... if I get internet next week I'll have a look to see whether I've got anything in the long string these days just in case it's not an update issue. It is a 2016 Ateca. Obviously mine was populated once in module 9. I'll check it still is and there was the suggestion you had to put in the security code first, least in some of the modules to get it to populate the long string first time round.

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
Thank for the best of luck. That's why I'm trying not to break anything on the car including the navigation, then I'll be in a much better place to work on these things... if I get internet next week I'll have a look to see whether I've got anything in the long string these days just in case it's not an update issue. It is a 2016 Ateca. Obviously mine was populated once in module 9. I'll check it still is and there was the suggestion you had to put in the security code first, least in some of the modules to get it to populate the long string first time round.
Thanks Tell, it’s an unexpected problem as I previously activated the rear view camera by long coding with the textural coding so I do think it’s related to the app update I received from ODBEleven. The app update automatically installed, wasn’t able to reject it.

Tell

Staff member
Mine also did a dongle update the other day, seen this once before. I know the Proboard site did have apk files on it once. You might wish to go back a version, mine is on 0.9.4 at the minute which is the one in the Playstore. Updated on the 19th June. Google Obdeleven apk if you want to take a virus gamble. There are bells ringing in my head about an issue similar to this in the past where there was an issue after an update hence why people were using the older program.

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018
Mine also did a dongle update the other day, seen this once before. I know the Proboard site did have apk files on it once. You might wish to go back a version, mine is on 0.9.4 at the minute which is the one in the Playstore. Updated on the 19th June. Google Obdeleven apk if you want to take a virus gamble. There are bells ringing in my head about an issue similar to this in the past where there was an issue after an update hence why people were using the older program.
That’s a great idea Tell, I didn’t think of that. I use an old tablet for my coding so I don’t mind the risk of installing an older apk. I can’t remember if it’s possible to prevent automatic app updates so I’ll look into that first. How is your house move going?

Deleted member 103408

Guys Don answered your question on the OBD11 Board, Some new coding for the cars without long coding on BCM module.

With regards to OBD11 I did not think it was possible to run an older version, lot of people have asked for that ability but I thought you had no choice but to update (but happy to be proved wrong). Currently all they offer is Beta and Production (I think they are both the same at this time) but you can download the APK directly from OBD11 Site (link is in my sig) I have also just added a list of upgrades and what is in them which you can find on this thread https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/obd-eleven-how-and-where-to.443994/

Tell

Staff member
I do remember a period when the Play store version was defective but it didn't effect what I was interested in. That's when people looked to other versions. Busy packing so I haven't tested it out to see whether anything has happended to how I see that module. Didn't want to be challenged by why I was occupying three parking space :cheeky:... big vehicle to arrive.

Can you give me the link to Don's post since it's not jumping out at me.

On your Ateca Obdelevel links the Seat Club board have some which I link to in the thread.

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threa...deleven-procesos-verificados.2417/#post-98523

The German ones keep off fixing the stop start since that isn't legal in Germany at least. :). Neither really cover all of them least last time I looked. The overlap wasn't that great.

Tango17

Mar 11, 2018

Deleted member 103408

Tango17 can you share a copy of your BCM (Control Unit 09) backup, my car is older version and i have a section called Windscreen Wiper (I think yours will be called Front_wiper) with lots of settings maybe one of those needs changing.

Deleted member 103408

I have a few copies of later model Leon's X-Periance and VW Atlas to compare with but as always with this stuff its trial and error, will keep you updated on this thread.

Tell

Staff member
Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm interested in how they set up the infotainment 're the wifi client. I wasn't totally convinced that you couldn't toggle it on and off if it was set up correctly - I have one or the other via the wifi client toggle in Obdeleven as you posted on the Proboard as per this thread.

Having a Plus we're in a minority. Did put an invite out for the newer builds but no takers probably since few have the Plus who configure themselves. On route to our rural farm setting now so Wimax allowing or 4G will be able to experiment more. I bought a power plug and socket router to give nice wifi reception in the garage / drive area from the front office :). Use to piggy back on people's Fon in the street where I parked :). Bless them.

I'm interested in frigging the Navigation fully on the Plus :).

Tell

Staff member
For completeness my 09 backup is attached which I've given to Tango17 via the message area. The attached can be viewed via HTML.... obviously this has the mods I've done covered in the thread to this point. That includes the wiper parameters on my 2016 Ateca assuming it's the same kit.

Attachments

• 1532028395518_history.txt
    120.8 KB · Views: 320

Tell

Staff member
Folding mirrors with "kessylock", unfolding with ignition on.

Works with my 2018 Ateca FR 2.0TSI

From Seat Leon:

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/2551/mirror-fold-unfold-ignition

Sure that's not post #5 on this thread. I use it all the time but never tried it with the engine running mind you. The default Ateca locking I found time wasting and frustrating. Having to wait that extra time to hold on and if holding bags awkwardly between where you parked up.... Much better to do a one touch lock, mirrors in and walk off :).

Deleted member 103408

Its the same but it came from the Golf forum.

Has anybody seen the same coding for non kessy cars, my pre facelift Leon with this coding does the following.
When I press open on the key the Mirrors unfold, then fold again. Once I turn the ignition on then the mirrors unfold again.

Sort of works but actually gives me 3 moves instead of the one which is less than ideal.