Petrol mk4 Cupra - Any way to get boost from Diagnostics port?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Folks,

I've seen several boost gauges that can get their information directly from the diagnostics port, for example the Scangauge II. However, I've noticed that these only work on the diesels.

Does the petrol cupra output to the diagnostics port differ on the two cars? Or are there any boost gauges/readouts that CAN get this information?

Thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Ok - can anyone with a liquid gauge confirm if it reads boost for the 1.8T petrol?

If it does, it's not a port limitation - it's a device issue.

Scangauge have released a new model with different firmware (requiring a board change apparently) but waiting to hear back if it reads boost or not. The old version DOES read for diesel.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I think the Liquid Gauge does read boost, Paul.

Still waiting for ukobd to confirm if the update for the Scangauge will do boost.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate. ;) Thought I'd attack it from another angle as well - see if anyone on here had any more info.

I've read that the petrol cupras don't "utilise the MAP sensor PID" - which would indicate that it's impossible to read boost from the diagnostics port. But if the Liquid gauge does, then it has to be possible.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
fair point. Fingers crossed the scangauge does do it, as it seems like it's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Did you actualy get a Scangauge?

If the update does allow it to read boost then its worth doing as its only £25 + P&P...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
no, not got one yet. Was going to buy one secondhand, but considering it's price, by the time I've added the £25 odd, it's not much cheaper than a new one. Getting a new one would at least give me warranty, and the updates already completed.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Brand new ones on ebay now for about £112, so cheaper still, although not sure if you get caught for import tax - they're in the EU, so shouldn't do.

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
are these like the trip computer? fro mthe look of it the trip computer has some of these features already. whats the difference? accuracy?

YellowFR

Ok - can anyone with a liquid gauge confirm if it reads boost for the 1.8T petrol?

If it does, it's not a port limitation - it's a device issue.

Scangauge have released a new model with different firmware (requiring a board change apparently) but waiting to hear back if it reads boost or not. The old version DOES read for diesel.

My LiquidIbiza gauge reads both command pressure, N75 position, and actual boost pressure fitted in an ibiza FR 1.8T petrol 2005.

Br.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members