Photo Request..... DTM Mirrors on standard Mk2 GTi

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Hey, know this is not gonna be the best idea I have had but do like the looks of them on the Ibiza, specially as the lacquer is pealing off my mirrors [:@]

Anyone got any pics of the Ibiza with DTM Mirrors on? Thinking of getting them and have them sprayed in gloss black.

87990888_84ab91d6c5.jpg

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
They not DTM as the ones you can buy..... I really want the ones that were used on the rally cars but can't find them.

I'm tempted to get some Evo VIII FQ-400 mirrors on mine. They're bigger than DTM mirrors, but smaller than standard. Just need to get round to going to Mitsubishi and getting a price. Bet they'll be expensive mind.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Not a great photo, but all I have of the ones on mine at the mo.
carsjaseibiza.jpg

I can get you getter piccies if you want this evening. I put them on mine as I wanted rid of the original mirrors - they weigh something like 1.5 kg each and I'm always keen to trim weight off my car.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Jason... yes please if you don't mind and with you saying about the weight of them, think I want them off even more now lol.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Ive also have a set of dtm mirrors if anyone wants them. There isnt any adapters with them but im sure it will be no problem to getting them.

Had them on my car for less than 250 miles,when my pedal box broke the last time i removed them and broke one of the base-plates in the process.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Jason... yes please if you don't mind and with you saying about the weight of them, think I want them off even more now lol.
Yeah, the base plate is solid steel.
It's almost dark here now - just as you expect at 8pm in mid August - so I'll take a piccie in the morning.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Well it still feels like the middle of Autumn here, but managed to grab some piccies this morning. Hope they help:

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg

No idea what make they are - got them second hand from Trucido off the other forum.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
I can see surprisingly well. In fact, the passenger side one is better than the standard mirror as the rollcage obscured most of the mirror whereas the DTM one is small enough to be seen in the gap between cage and A pillar.

I should have added that they aren't painted - just straight out of the box black plastic. They would probably look better painted, but I reckon it would be like putting lipstick on a cow. The car is a heap and shiny mirrors aren't going to make a lot of difference.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Oh, and the other thing is that they don't stick out beyond the front wing - so no chance of knocking them off when you get up close and personal with the corner markers on track....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members