Popping and banging exhaust thread

Poverty

Does anyones exhaust on here pop and bang on hard driving? Mine doesnt and after listening to my friends lovely Focus RS and VXR's pop and bang when driven hard, im starting to feel left out.

I know the milly doesnt do it with a sports cat, and probably wont even with a decat as they arent much that much louder than a 3" dp mated to a std k1 backbox and seems to be the milly way of being OEM + so they are ruled out.

Have emailed blueflame asking them about their backbox so waiting a reply.

And before anyone says its chavvy/boy racerish, Lambos pop and bang :p

I have a 3inch custom downpipe that gives off a bang when using the paddle shifts and it pops and burbles when I rev then let off. Friend of mine has the same set up with the resonator cut out and it makes like a 'ripping' sound when flooring it and he gets a lot more bangs and pops.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
chav.jpg

Why would you want to drag your car down to the level of a Ford or a Vauxhall? Surely your Cupra, being the fastest one on the forum, will be too far ahead of these other cars to hear them pop and bang, no?! :p

For what its worth, mine does not pop and bang with the decat, but I have not paired it with the intake yet.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
My FL Cupra is completey standard, but I was giving it some the other night and I'm sure I heard a little bang come from the car when I downshifted and blipped the throttle entering a roundabout! Either that or I hit something!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
mine pops and bangs on standard exhaust , standard car but SEAT say its fine and have compared it to another standard Cupra which does the same :blink:

i say bollocks , no other cupra or k1 i have seen does this [:@]

uh oh im ranting again :ban:

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
My mate has a vxr with a TB remus and it pops and bangs like **** lol Its really loud though when driving normally.

When he gives it full throttle it pops and bangs really loud! Sounds amazing

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Well after the phenomenon of the must have whoosy dump valve of the noughties, it seems that this seasons 'de rigueur' item is an exhaust which makes your car sound like it's defective.

I like a burbly, growly exhaust, but I've never felt the compulsion to make my S3 pop and bang. When I pull away from the car park outside an expensive restaurant on a Saturday night, or leave a clients car park after charging them a decent day rate, the last thing I want is people thinking I'm a right pikey who can't afford a proper exhaust!! :lol:

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
Well after the phenomenon of the must have whoosy dump valve of the noughties, it seems that this seasons 'de rigueur' item is an exhaust which makes your car sound like it's defective.

I like a burbly, growly exhaust, but I've never felt the compulsion to make my S3 pop and bang. When I pull away from the car park outside an expensive restaurant on a Saturday night, or leave a clients car park after charging them a decent day rate, the last thing I want is people thinking I'm a right pikey who can't afford a proper exhaust!! :lol:

:lol: hahaha love it,

or alternatively you could have a pop and bang soundtrack with massive subs in the boot? ;) :cartman:

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
lol i was in my mates car in glasgow and people actually got a fright when it banged lol!

I am happy with the sound of my standard exhaust tbh , as it has that jet engine type noise :D lol
The itg sounds good in the videos, I would be more than happy with a milltek and itg. Must sound really good.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm only taking the pi$$!

I'm not sure what I think about it to be fair. Part of it seems a necessary evil of the way these cars seem to run (if I blip the throttle since having the upgrade fuel pump I get a bit of a pop which does the missus head in).

I think I'm in the camp that prefers stealth (hence the dull grey S3). I'm not really up for announcing myself to the world, so whilst I'm happy to have a sonorous exhaust that barks when it's on 'full chat' detail, when I'm going about my daily business I think I'd rather be in stealth mode!

Poverty

lol i was in my mates car in glasgow and people actually got a fright when it banged lol!

I am happy with the sound of my standard exhaust tbh , as it has that jet engine type noise :D lol
The itg sounds good in the videos, I would be more than happy with a milltek and itg. Must sound really good.

That jet engine noise is the restrictive std exhaust, agree it sounds alright, but not focus rs or vxr nice. Is yours mapped? Mapped k1s sound much better than a std k1.

I dont want my car to pop and bang when im pootling about, just when I give it some beans, as its stupidly quiete when surronded by other quick cars. Its like a silent ninja, going past all the other hothatches but not making a peep whilst it does so.

Anyhow I emailed 4 exhaust companies and 3 of them have got back to me with varying replies. Will post up later what they said.

Poverty

chav.jpg

Why would you want to drag your car down to the level of a Ford or a Vauxhall? Surely your Cupra, being the fastest one on the forum, will be too far ahead of these other cars to hear them pop and bang, no?! :p

For what its worth, mine does not pop and bang with the decat, but I have not paired it with the intake yet.

:lol:

That is so true! I only realised my mates Focus RS and VXR pops and bangs when I decided to spectate, never noticed before hand as I was always infront :cartman:

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
the answer would be YES I love it alot! very loud when it wants to be but also quiet when cruising no booms...The exhaust pops more when its colder I think...pops and bubbles alot but I think its the design of the exhaust. this is the only main feature i have for my tfsi right now. the APR exhaust is pretty sweet too I was going to buy that first but then I went for the eurojet.

Poverty

dont think mine does no. considered a de-cat?

Decat is what we ordered originally but blueflame made a mistake with the order and sent a sportscat dp instead. Didnt mind too much as atleast im legal this way.

Pipewerx said they will do me a custom cat back for 450, piper say that they have a catback for my car already developed, and jetex stated that I can make my own by buying their custom bits.

Think I will end up at pipewerx, long trek all the way from london to lancashire though. :think:

I always thought the popping and banging was the unburnt fuel ignighting in the exhaust personally I like it, google focus st and mountune it sounds fantastic. Oh a d pipeworx get very good reviews and I've had a jetex system in the past and it was very well built

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members