Project Buzzin Hornet - Complete!

antnee

Here's some pics of the ibiza im on about

HPIM5949.jpg

HPIM5947.jpg

antnee

look's cool in yellow dude! i just got myself a 1.6 sport in silver and I'm loving it!! dose the cone air filter do much and make it sound any better as I'm thinking of getting one for mine?

It makes more noise :) I think it makes it more reponsive and dare I say it, a little quicker too

antnee

See thats my problem, I saw yours before and I liked it, then saw the yellow one above and wasn't so sure. One thing I do want to do though it cut the grill on the bumper out though, looks more like a Cupra bumper then (but isn't trying to be a Cupra)

antnee

Little update:

After a little love lost last weekend because of me getting pissed off with how everything is so much harder on it, I started guaging interest on it. BUT I think I'm keeping it now.

I managed to borrow some ramps at a local garage (well my bro did) and we changed the brakes (discs and pads), so I now don't have vibration through the wheel after about 60 :lol: , bloody warped discs!

We also had a look at the exhaust while it was on the ramps too, I thought it was blowing by the flexi section, but its not :( It is blowing in 3 places, the joint between the middle and rear boxes, the joint between the middle box and CAT and finally the joint on the manifold where is goes 2 into 1 (well we think its there, theres a coating over the pipe so its hard to tell!)

So all in all Im back on track, just need to get an oil change done as well as fuel filter and spark plugs and the little banana rocket (friends name for it!) should be purring again. :)

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
IMHO antnee, bringing up something you said before, I'd colour code the bumpers. Normally I'd say don't, but I reckon having the one flat colour on the front of an ovni biza looks better and stands out more. That with the bumper mod would look shweet! But you've got a nice little car there, you've certainly got my envy ;)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I think the best option if your still unsure would be to do the front, as it comes off easily and if you didnt like it, you could probably get another front splitter relativly cheaply from a scrap yard!

I certinly think from the side it looks very well on the foreign mk3 sport, and possibly a reason that it looks strange from the front is that its missing some mesh on one side.

Another thing that makes a big differece is the cupra grille! As you've allready got one, it would compliment the mesh at the bottom if you could find a similar pattern.

I actualy got most of mine from the grille of a mk2 mondeo st replica.

Last edited:

antnee

If I do go ahead with the bumper mods, I would use black criss-cross mesh behind it

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
lol see my readers rides thread for the damage!

R plate driving!!! I wish, was only doing about 45-50mph and hit something slippy on a corner! Dont know if it was ice cos it didnt seem cold enough (3oC) but people have told me you can get ice at that temp!

antnee

Another little update, just about got everything I need together now to install the new front speakers and amp them up. I'm just waiting on the speaker adapters to turn up, then my tunes will be loud :D I've decided to put the amp underneigth the dash on the passengers side so all the wires will be nice and short! As per usual, I will take lots of photos, more so as I have my new phone now too!

antnee

The adapters arrived today, went to get some wood to mount the amp onto aswell, so I now have everything to install the amp and new speakers

DSC00019.jpg

Going to start tomorrow (depending on my hangover :lol:) and hopefully finish it on sunday

Silver1.6-Sport

Dec 17, 2008
good stuff dude! im fitting my sub setup tomorow get some pics up when your done and ill do the same in my thrad

antnee

Been working on it this weekend, got about 3/4hours yesterday and 6 today (i can just about feel my fingers and toes again and I finished 3hours ago!)

Got the shelf made, all the cables routed, speakers in and doorcards and all trim back on. I just need to connect the amp and crossovers up, and then set it up

Making the shelf
DSC00059.jpg

Completed shelf
DSC00060.jpg

Shelf in
DSC00061.jpg

Someone nicked it all!
DSC00062.jpg

Some wires in
DSC00067.jpg

Someone has been here before :(
DSC00068.jpg

Another strippage pic
DSC00069.jpg

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Look's like it coming along nicely.

What exactly does an amp do, make it louder and clearer? I've hardly an knowledge of ICE, but would love to solve the fact that my speakers tend to just vibrate a lot when turned up loud and loss a lot of clarity.

Would fitting an amp solve that.

They're not even the standard speakers, I changed them for Pioneer ones, did make a little difference, but overall they still sound crap compared to my dads Astra, which can be turned up really loud and still sound clear and bassy and his is completly standard.

antnee

Are you new speakers component (big one and a seperate little one) or coaxial (big one with little one in the middle)? An amp should give the speakers more power so in turn they can go louder without distortion and should be clearer too.