Pug 1.9 Gti Track Day Cars *** NEW CAR Mi16****

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well after years of thinking about it , myself and "Nibbles" finally took the plunge and bought a track day car with the hope of now being able to learn how to drive properly !

The little baby we bought is a Peugeot 1.9 GTI and with the help of Nibbles careful eye the deal was done this afternoon.

Drives remarkably well and is fairly rapid, so hopefully will provide some fun.

What im looking for is now some advice on where we go from here.

Obviously, get it serviced, some 5.1 brake fluid, check tyres, pads, discs etc, anything else.

Probably leave the interior as it is at the moment, and then as time goes on, start saving weight etc.

I cannot wait.....

This was the description in the advert

!THE CAR DRIVES AND PERFORMS SUPERBLY,HAS GOOD OIL PRESSURE AND THE ADDED BENEFIT OF A NEW CAMBELT AND WATERPUMP.THE SUSPENSION HAS BEEN LOWERED USING A PROPER LOWERING KIT[SPRINGS AND SHOCKS] WHICH ARE BRAND NEW.THE REAR AXLE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A 1.6 ITEM AS THE ORIGINAL HAD SIEZED ARMS.MAINLY ITEMS THAT ARE MISSING ARE TRIM,ALL BOOT TRIM,REAR 1/4 TRIMS,STEREO FACIA AND REAR SEATBELTS,THO I DO HAVE THE BELTS TO REFIT.THE CARPET HAS ALSO BEEN CUT TO ACCEPT A ROLL CAGE THO NO HOLES HAVE BEEN DRILLED!THERE ARE A COUPLE OF PAINT ISSUES AS PER THE PICS,THE WHOLE CAR IS SLIGHTLY ORANGE IN MY OPINION BUT FOR ME IT HASN'T BEEN WORTH THE TIME OR EFFORT TO RECTIFY THIS.

Last edited:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
MyPug-1.jpg

Also, if anyone has any spares that could come in handy, all donations would be greatly received.

Last edited:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I miss the 205 I bought while I was waiting for the last car to arrive. Wish I hadn't sold it now as it was great fun. :(

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Nice one guys will see you both at some SCN days then?

definitly fella. how does it work. Do we put the lead name down and pay for an additional driver, or on track days, is the lead name driver the only one that is allowed to drive.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Picking it up tomorrow night, hopefully entering the first round of BTCC at Brands, ive got a surprise for Mr Neal.....:p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.