Pug 1.9 Gti Track Day Cars *** NEW CAR Mi16****

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well we picked it up tonight, and im still smiling, To say its raw is an understatement. Its been 3/4 stripped out already, and the sound from the exhaust im sure made my ears bleed.

Ive got so used to driving a car that does everything for you, this was a real eye opener.

Its fairly quick, 1st and 2nd gear are quite long, and it pulls strong all the way to the red line,

I just loved it, and cant wait to get it in it again.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Ive got so used to driving a car that does everything for you, this was a real eye opener.

Old cars are great... Steering that is connected to the wheels, no over servo'd brakes, tyres that have a grip limit

It's a shame we never appreciated them when that's all there was!

nibbles

And Impreza
Well got home tonight and had a hour to spare so started stripping me and mini merrin

09032009041.jpg

09032009043-1.jpg

Last edited:

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Had one as my second car was amazing :)......

The run good on throttle bodies or try an M16 engine conversion as it has more valves :)... I think the best place to take it if you want some mods doing is LAD Motorsport in Morcombe

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
You need to get a plate of metal welded over the sun roof, just in case you do a bit of sun roof surfing, get a complete multi point weld in roll cage, strut braces for front and rear. A good set of seats and harnesses. Watch the rear axle on those though if you hit anything as they re known to shear at right angles with the wheel hub if hit badly.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
You need to get a plate of metal welded over the sun roof, just in case you do a bit of sun roof surfing, get a complete multi point weld in roll cage, strut braces for front and rear. A good set of seats and harnesses. Watch the rear axle on those though if you hit anything as they re known to shear at right angles with the wheel hub if hit badly.

Agreed, we are undecided yet whether to go for the full race set up.. This car is going to be a test to see if the bug catches, if it does we will increase our fleet to a proper spec car.;)

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
If you want an engine that revs pretty high, there is a conversion for a rear wheel drive set-up using a Suzuki Hyabusa engine. A light little car like that that revs to about 13-15,000. Seen one on a rally car. Good fun!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Indeed, some serious weight saving ( until i got in it ) everything has been removed unless it has a purpose.........

And i cut my finger......

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.