questions about optional extras and wheel colour

Jun 10, 2008
Hertfordshire
Right iam finally going to order my new car at the weekend (facelift cupra), i have decided that i want it in candy white.....Thats all well and good i here you say! my question is on optional extras, bluetooth is a must but i cant make my mind up weather or not to add the xenons lights? are they worth the extra £730?....
And last wheel colour, i was all set on getting black wheels (yes another one lol) but for the last few weeks i keep thinking about the white wheels with the white paint?
thoughts and opinions very welcome :lol:

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
another vote for anthracite or black, might be a bit overkill with white car white alloys, id go for the xenons aswell ;).

Dont know why everyone raves on about bluetooth although ive never had it.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
..... although ive never had it.

maybe thats why you dont know what theyre raving on about :whistle:.

id consider a sunroof if i were you. the interior of a cupra can be a bit oppresive sometimes, and the sunroof can brighten the interior up by a significant amount. and its only £350ish.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Technology & Convenience Pack (includes all elements of the Convenience Pack, SEAT Media System, Bi-xenon Headlights and Front Parking Sensors
(Convenience Pack (includes Rain Sensor, Light Sensor, Rear Parking Sensors & Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror)

All for £1565? not a bad price:think:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
When I ordered a Facelift Cupra at the beginning of August I added the Media System which for £660 including the bluetooth option worth £210 I thought wa a pretty good deal, the Convenience pack (wanted reversing sensors) and thought for £220 with the other auto items was not a bad price, the car colour is white so went with the black wheels because i thought these looked best. The only other thing I had was the front aero bumper and side skirts (£900 fitted). Not much for the rear aero bumper (plus another £600) and at the time of order there was no boot spoiler for the facelift.
With regards to the Bi-xenon Headlights unless you really want these to me they are to much extra money. Had them on a previous car and they were trouble too, with things that can go wrong especially if you keep the car after the warranty is up they can be exspesive to sort.
If you do go for Xenons the Technology & Convenience Pack does seem good value though.

I also got £950 off the price plus mats included.

Hope this helps.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
When I ordered a Facelift Cupra at the beginning of August I added the Media System which for £660 including the bluetooth option worth £210 I thought wa a pretty good deal, the Convenience pack (wanted reversing sensors) and thought for £220 with the other auto items was not a bad price, the car colour is white so went with the black wheels because i thought these looked best. The only other thing I had was the front aero bumper and side skirts (£900 fitted). Not much for the rear aero bumper (plus another £600) and at the time of order there was no boot spoiler for the facelift.
With regards to the Bi-xenon Headlights unless you really want these to me they are to much extra money. Had them on a previous car and they were trouble too, with things that can go wrong especially if you keep the car after the warranty is up they can be exspesive to sort.
If you do go for Xenons the Technology & Convenience Pack does seem good value though.

I also got £950 off the price plus mats included.

Hope this helps.

Have you got a delivery date yet. I ordered my new FR in July and have just been told it will not now be here until mid November. I was orginally told start of October, so I am a little bit pee'd off at the moment. The sales manager has told me he is going to find out what is going on and try and get it pulled forward, but I am not that optimistic!:cry:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Have you got a delivery date yet. I ordered my new FR in July and have just been told it will not now be here until mid November. I was orginally told start of October, so I am a little bit pee'd off at the moment. The sales manager has told me he is going to find out what is going on and try and get it pulled forward, but I am not that optimistic!:cry:

"No" no delivery date yet but was told to expect 12 - 16 weeks because the factory was going to have a longer summer break and re-open September. When Ordering I asked the sales guy about delivery date because I did not want the car until November because I would not have the money until then and he was the one that told me this.
Hope it does no go past November or I will have tax my current car again.

When in July did you order yours ?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
the factory wont give you a delivery date, but you can get a build date from the dealer once yours nears the top of the list. it usually takes a couple of weeks to deliver once its been made.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
I ordered it on 13th July. The sales manager ordered his new demo two weeks after mine and it has jumped the que to be built before mine. Not impressed!!!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
it wont have jumped the queue. it will have been a car built for stock that happened to have the same spec as the one that was ordered.
your mid november delivery sounds about right. 14 weeks (roughly) from order, plus you need to add in around 4 weeks for the summer shut down. it will be around week 47ish.

SimonM

I ordered a candy white FR last saturday, the dealer managed to locate the spec i wanted in a car that had just come into the country and was sitting in port waiting to go to another dealer, so a phone call to the other dealer and he managed to get it for me! My lucky day but i forgot to ask if it will be an 09 plate or 59 :S Will pick it up in a week or 2 when its ready.

Getting back on topic though, i wanted the black alloys for my FR but when i asked the dealer about stone chips (and getting curbed by the mrs) he said that any marks really stand out as its only paint and does chip. So if you get them watch out for those pesky curb's!

asim1

I ordered on June 1st and was in touch with dealer yesterday. Car went into production yesterday and should arrive in around 2-3 weeks time

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.