Random1989's Mk4 Ibiza FR

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
In case anyone has made it to the end of this thread, Dean did sell it to someone in 2012 but I have just bought it from them so this FR is now back in the forum again :)

Last owner didn't modify it so looks pretty much the same, just a little older and now at 69K.

Sadly the TT Comps have long since lost their mirror finish so I have a lot of polishing and waxing to catch up with - will get there in the end...

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
In case anyone has made it to the end of this thread, Dean did sell it to someone in 2012 but I have just bought it from them so this FR is now back in the forum again :)

Last owner didn't modify it so looks pretty much the same, just a little older and now at 69K.

Sadly the TT Comps have long since lost their mirror finish so I have a lot of polishing and waxing to catch up with - will get there in the end...

You still got the car ?

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
You still got the car ?
Hi, yes I still have it - 7 years and counting, on 94K miles now. It was a well sorted car, has been great fun :) I should have posted updates as I went along but better late than never:

Cosmetic:
Cupra gloss black mirror covers
Fmic and lower boost pipes sprayed black
Front wings replaced (old ones rusted to bits 2 years ago)
Swapped the HIDs for Nightbreakers
De-badged

Upgrades:
S3 312mm front brakes (sadly the FR etched rear discs have long gone)
Tweaked the Revo map with SPS switch
JOM Blueline coilovers after the Weitecs died this year (not really an upgrade but very cheap and surprisingly decent)

ICE:
Aftermarket head unit and Hertz DSKs up front

Re the WOT box - I tried it twice early on, haven't risked it since :whistle:

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
Hi, yes I still have it - 7 years and counting, on 94K miles now. It was a well sorted car, has been great fun :) I should have posted updates as I went along but better late than never:

Cosmetic:
Cupra gloss black mirror covers
Fmic and lower boost pipes sprayed black
Front wings replaced (old ones rusted to bits 2 years ago)
Swapped the HIDs for Nightbreakers
De-badged

Upgrades:
S3 312mm front brakes (sadly the FR etched rear discs have long gone)
Tweaked the Revo map with SPS switch
JOM Blueline coilovers after the Weitecs died this year (not really an upgrade but very cheap and surprisingly decent)

ICE:
Aftermarket head unit and Hertz DSKs up front

Re the WOT box - I tried it twice early on, haven't risked it since :whistle:

Glad it’s gone to someone who’s looking after it, please let me know if you ever want to sell it and I might be interested.

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
Glad it’s gone to someone who’s looking after it, please let me know if you ever want to sell it and I might be interested.
Thanks, will do.
I only do 4K miles a year though and it doesn't really depreciate any more so I can't justify buying something newer for the moment...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members