Rattle from drivers side when idle!

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Need further advice here i reckon!

I followed that link above to the golf site and removed the undertray etc, but mine already has a shaped piece of sponge stuffed in one end of the box section where the fuel lines come out of!?

needless to say i added a bit more foam under the lines further down, and i got some expanding builders foam and filled up the box section as best i could so the lines can't jiggle about in there too, cleaned the undertray etc and put everything back together, but my rattle is still there!!:wtf:

Mine really does sound like it's coming from behind me (somewhere around the boot area) - is there anything in particular (other than what's already been mentioned above) that might be worth looking at?? I suspect my rattle is something UNDER the car at the back but pinpointing it is proving to be a PITA!

Dunno if it makes ANY difference but mine has the Milltek exhaust system on it (can't see it catching anywhere though!)

Really wanna nail this as the rattle can get quite loud and really makes the car sound naff!

Last edited:

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Re-awakening this old chestnut for a mo, but it appears that my rattle has been traced and fixed thanks to Statllers at Sheff, It appears that my rattle was caused by the fuel filter itself making some wierd knocking/rattling sounds!???:wtf:

Anyway - new filter fitted and (for now anyway) the noise has completley gone!!!!!!:D

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Just a quick one for y'all ,but have you got a rattle that kind of sounds like it's right behind you - in the car!???

If so may i advise treating your door seals!

I had a really annoying rattle that sounded like something loose in the OSR door, or like maybe it was loose on the striker plate - you know the kind of thing! Anyway i got some AG Bumper care on a sponge and worked it into the door seal rubber all the way round to refresh it and part lube it and hey presto the rattle/creak - whatever has completley gone as of today!:D

Just thought i'd share as how many of you actually ever do much of anything with your door seal rubbers!???

Deffo worth periodically treating them with something to keep them supple and creak free.

If you're wondering/ thinking what's he prattling on about - then my noise must have been a dry rubber seal which was rubbing/creaking against in the innder door frame - which as you know is metal!

Last edited:

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Sorry to drag this back from the dead, but I have got this rattle and it is coming from the fuel pipe on the drivers side which when I press down stops the vibration/rattle, as soon as I let it to it rattles again. It looks like the fuel pipe is house in a little rubber mount.. Anyone know how to fix this?

jamiereith

Fill the hole with foam. Compress some foam and force it down as far as you can with a bar or long extension

Sneaky1337

Dec 31, 2013
I have this rattle sounds from under the dash or steering wheel I'll post a video of my sound.

I will test to see if it does it with clutch up or pressed.

http://cl.ly/3p0p3Y2x2Y09 video of it.

Last edited:

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Sneaky,

Yours is the same as mine, it's the fuel line pipe vibrating in it's bracket! If you follow the silver metal fuel pipes back to left hand side of the engine at the back you'll see a rubber/metal pipe sticking up, it sometimes needs a push back in place, or as mentioned above foam shoved in between it. Gonna take a stab it tomorrow!

Arre

Sep 3, 2014
Hi guys

I have a 2010 leon cupra r. I have a annoying rattle that seem to come from the drivers side dashboard. It rattles in every gear while accelerating hard. This disturbs me and I hope someone has an answere. Please help.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members