Rear washer, where has it come off??

alex88

Iv not had a rear washer all winter and decided today it was time to fix the problem. My first check was under the airbox as this is where it had come off last year but this was still in tact. Next i removed the cover of the boot where the motor wiper is housed and all was in tact there. What route does the pipe take around the car? Iv felt passenger footwells front and back and the rear drivers side but i couldnt feel any wetness. Can anybody help?:confused:

Orion1969

Massey Ferguson ftw
Feb 20, 2009
South Derbyshire
Have you checked the drivers rear quarter panel connection?

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
It also tends to disconnect around the passenger wheel arch area. I had that, so 'scooshed' the wipers and looked under the car to see if there was any water leaking out. turned out it was arounf the passenger wheel arch area.
Think it's a common problem. could always be the the jet on the back. Take off the plastic boot panel and see if the pipes poped off

alex88

No havnt checked there. is that the drivers side of the boot? I think its in the boot area somewhere as it smells of screen wash.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
mine has never worked andhave had the car for almost a yr now! too b honest i dont miss it so not going to bother doing al the work to find it! took the battery and air box out today to try and find it! no luck!!

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Mine has diconnected behind the airbox and it's annoying trying to get too it!

laz_man

Gotta do a hunt soon too! My rear wash popped off with the cold weather a couple of months ago and didn't fancy freezing my fingers off digging for the gap then. Now it's warmed up a bit, I'll be tracing the line and seeing if I can reattach it to regain my rear wash. Wow, that'll be a novelty!!! And one of a few wee niggles sorted on my to do list.

alex88

I had the one behind the airbox last year. had to get my mum to help as she had smaller hands. i think it was done with 2 pairs of long nose pliers in the end

WILCEY_FR

Drivers rear quarter in the boot or right beneath the air filter at the front. Been there dont that.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I don't know how people can cope with no rear washer, my rear window gets filthy so quickly, mine came off in the side part of the boot, and when I squirted it to make sure it was fixed it popped off under the airbox :( that one was a right pain to get to, my hands wouldn't reach

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Mine came detatched under the battery under the bonnet, when activated the lever it ran out from under the car, jus killed two birds with one stone so de-wipered it at same time!!

drw

Hi Guys,

I've spotted that I have a loose connection near the passenger wheel arch. I can see the loose pipe but cannot see where it is supposed to be re-connected. It probably doesn't help that I have know idea what an airbox is or looks like to know what i should remove to fix this?!

Any help would be great!

Sorry for lack of knowledge!

Thanks!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Hi guys,

My rear washer hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now, front ones have though. And recently we've seen temperatures of 5 degrees celsius for the last couple of days so I'm quite sure my rear washer isn't frozen.

Those that say their washer hose popped off somewhere near the airbox... anyone know where that would be on a 1.2 which is quite different as the filter is in the engine cover?

Cheers.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
It is indeed.

I must say I got a bit cold after fitting a new sidelight bulb and a new brake light bulb earlier this evening, so didn't really look into the washer bottle issue at all!

Most likely the pipes will be in the same place then. Look underneath where the airbox would be on a 1.9tdi (behind the battery) and there should be a small pipe for the rear washer. Its probably just came apart due to the cold weather, mine did last year.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Certainly does. Atleast you dont have an airbox to remove either! :p

I removed my airbox and nudged the battery forward a bit, although I was going to take the battery out to give a bit more room. If its the same as what mine was, its basically a jubilee clip that holds 2 ends of the pipe together. Just re-attach them and tighten the clip up. Sorted :)

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Thanks for the help Mick.

You could fit a family of <insert desired Eastern Europe nationality> people in the gaps either side of the leaf blower engine us 3 pot owners have.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members