Removing Brembo's, Update, refurb finshed, pic's inside

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Man - I seriously need to have a go at this over the summer - for such a small thing, they just stand out so much and look ace when done up again... Time to start buying up decals :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
ok, done. In the process I noticed on the left side the rotor was much more worn on the inside while the right side it was worn even. What would cause this? Air bubbles?

Also I found out while bleeding the brakes that dot 4 fluid really eats paint, so in the end I probably have to do all over again...

Turbin, there is nothing wrong with them, from your description i thought you made a right bollix of if it, they look good.

turbin

Turbin, there is nothing wrong with them, from your description i thought you made a right bollix of if it, they look good.

not really.. the left side got hosed in brake fluid and while I wiped that away I also took off half the layer of clearcoat.. When I get motivated Ill sand it down a mm and clear it again a couple times.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
not really.. the left side got hosed in brake fluid and while I wiped that away I also took off half the layer of clearcoat.. When I get motivated Ill sand it down a mm and clear it again a couple times.

Brake fluid is nasty stuff, it does not mix well with paint at all.But at least you know what you are in for next time round.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise