Removing R Badges

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
dental floss and a bit of elbow grease to clean off the sticky residue left behind :)

Almost impossible to damage the paintwork that way - and my missus hair drier lead isnt long enough to reach the car ;)

mmfb

Feb 12, 2003
Berkshire
Visit site
If you car is in warranty Seat should do it for you. They did mine.
Now i have a spare set to stick to my forehead, ar$e, elbows and beer belly. "Cupra R Mark" Unless I can figure out how to put them on the Grill

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
put them on the grille - Mark Sheerin - he knows how -

on the older cupras (non-honeycomb) or R's, you can make a right angled piece of plastic and metal, and stick it to one of the "slats" in the grille. job done.

The later cupras with the honeycombe are easy - peel off the backing and stick it to the grille! WOO!

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Apparently seat have brought an R badge for the front grill out. one was sold on e-bay last week. Asked the guy if he had anymore and he said to contact IMG seat.

dlever

i use to use a bit of white spirits to get the remainder of the glue off

Martinoutfront

mmm......heartburn
Feb 15, 2004
On the dark side...
Visit site
mmfb said:
If you car is in warranty Seat should do it for you.

Yep my car is under warranty but dealer that did my service is 35 miles away (local ones are cr*p and expensive). They wouldn't get them until they'd seen the old ones [:@] so got em to post the new ones after the service and said I'd do them myself and save the drive.

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
use a bit of cotton, then use white spirit to remove the glue. Dont worry iv done it 100's of times you wont damage the paint, just apply a bit of polish after

Steve Flatley

mmfb said:
If you car is in warranty Seat should do it for you. They did mine.
Now i have a spare set to stick to my forehead, ar$e, elbows and beer belly. "Cupra R Mark" Unless I can figure out how to put them on the Grill

Really.... excellent... I'll have to take ful advantage of my warranty before it runs out in April. :)

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I've used WD40 numerous times to remove the rediual glue from debadging. Normally use thin fishing line behind the badge

Probably use that method when I remove the L E O N badge off the boot

JRB

May 29, 2004
Kent
are the R badges and the leon badge only stuck on as im thinking of removing them but dont want to be left with any holes?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well today ive got rid of my R Badges and Leon on the back, and it was a piece of pi$$. Bit of dental Floss, Hairdryer, and if his name wasnt Peter, Bobs my uncle, they were off in flash. When the badges are off, it leaves a little bit of rubber stuck on the paintwork, but the hairdryer soon softens this, and it peels off, A little bit of polish, and its clear as u like.

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
SEAT did mine for me too, so no idea how they come off.

I once took some badges off my ol' Orion before I scrapped it (as a memento - still got them somewhere). I did that with dental floss and white spirit.

On the same subject (ish), my missus reckons I should take the E out of LEON and replace it with an O. I laughed at first, but having seen a Prezzy where "Subaru" was replaced by "Scooby", I'm giving it a second thought.

Has anyone done this? Or is it a really sad idea?

It'd be cheap, only need to buy an O.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.