Removing Rear Wiper Guide

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Right just bought my Cupra and this was the 1st mod ive done so took some pics and thought i would do this quick guide to help anyone that was thinking of doing it. :)

Tools needed:

Screw Driver
Spanners / Ratchet
25mm bung from halfrauds £1.59
RainX

Here is a pic Before:

SDC10184-vi.jpg

1. open boot

2. Remove covers for both of the rear light bulbs as there is a screw in each and a screw in the grab handle you have to remove

SDC10186-vi.jpg

SDC10187-vi.jpg

SDC10188-vi.jpg

3. Next you have to pull quite hard to remove the plastic cover, it does come away and sounds like your breaking it but you should be ok :whistle:

4. Close the boot and undo the nut on the wiper blade, i used WD40 to loosen it up abit and once the nut is removed you need to wiggle the wiper arm so it comes away.
Once removed it looks like the pic below.

SDC10190-vi.jpg

5. Once the cover is removed it will look like the pic below. Remove the plug to the electrics and there are 3 nuts to remove with your spanner/ratchet they are circled in red. Also remove the water line and bung this up with something or disconnect it from the water bottle in the engine bay.

SDC10189-vi.jpg

6.Once all of that is removed the motor and parts and remove the rubber bung from the hole and it will look like this below

SDC10191-vi.jpg

7. Next you can push in you bung from halfrauds in the hole maybe use some silicone to seal it. Now make sure all the clips are in your plastic panel and push it back into place doing up the 3 screws, close the boot and it will look like this:

SDC10193-vi.jpg

Now if you haven't already disconnect the rear washer hose from the washer bottle so you dont spray washer fluid all over the inside of your boot skin.

Now use the RainX on the window to help get rid of the rain as you wont have a wiper to do it any more

There we go all done nice and easy.

Hope this helps someone and if so maybe make it a sticky?

(And i know the car was dirty)

Chris

Last edited:

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
And dont forget to disconnect the rear washer hose from the washer bottle so you dont spray washer fluid all over the inside of your boot skin. otherwise good guide fella :)

I have got it in there but maybe it wasnt big enough so i will make it bigger and add it again at the end. :)

Richy88

does look loads better

liking the idea of soaking people too

hmmm

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
whey, finally got round to removing my rear wiper, thought it was a bigger job before,

only ended up removing it as ive used the rear wash line to make a spray for my FMIC... so at 1st i just disconnected the electrical point on the motor but thought... i'll have a quick look to see how its removed 1st.. job done in 10 mins !

25mm grommet looks to small for me on removing so i might think a 32mm grommet is more likable.