Removing standard CD stereo

cupratdianth

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to remove the standard CD stereo system. It doesn't seem to have the four holes to use a prong like you do on most stereos. Can someone please advise me how to do it.

Thanks a lot

Anth

Slippery_Stu

May 23, 2008
On the Alana head unit there are two horizontal slots in the bottom corners.

You can get the removal keys very easily on eBay, cheap too :D

cupratdianth

does anyone have idea which ones they are?

are they the silver metal ones with the circular ends on?? ebay says they work on vw/auidis etc????

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
does anyone have idea which ones they are?

are they the silver metal ones with the circular ends on?? ebay says they work on vw/auidis etc????

Um.. doesn't that describe 90% of the keys on the market? :confused:

Anyway, the ones you need look something like this...

Removal-Keys.jpg

Save your money, get a card you don't use anymore (or a store card of some sort!) and cut 2 strips out of it.

Put the strips in each hole, put your hand behind the back of the stereo (remove the cubby hole under it just pulls out) and pull it towards you.

Job done in seconds, and doesn't cost you nothing.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
save your money, get a card you don't use anymore (or a store card of some sort!) and cut 2 strips out of it.

Put the strips in each hole, put your hand behind the back of the stereo (remove the cubby hole under it just pulls out) and pull it towards you.

Job done in seconds, and doesn't cost you nothing.

+1 :d:d:d:d

flake

i try that when i get home, but someone know if there some pictures or a video tutorial?

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
just pull it mate,

i had the same issue when removing mine the first time, if you break it, its £5 from sere to replace it so hardly going to break the bank

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise