Replacing body panels in Leon Cupra - specifically front wing

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey all

Just wondered how easy it is to remove and refit a wing from a LEON CUPRA?

I have some annoying dents in 1 wing, and a few small stone chips in the same wing now.

Rough ideas on repair costs seem to be at least £60+. I think I can get a replacement wing from an online brokers cheaper - just wondered if it was possible to do a straight swap?

I would think it must be hard to get it aligned right? And suppose colour match from 1 plat. grey leon to another varies?

Any help would be great.
Cheers

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
where abouts? For some reason i just invisidged a weld or bolt or something across the top edge down the inner edge to the engine bay....

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
they do just bolt on my bad they have 10mm bolts
54670147.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thats good news then. Will be cheaper (so long as the part comes through ok) to get a new wing and slap it on than it will to get this one repaired. Just need to make sure the new wing is in very good nick first. Not too much of a problem I hope seeing as these cars are quite new so paint shouldnt be faded or damaged, and a decent clean/detail should bring it up ok???

Am I right in assuming that? On the older cars like the beetles etc I have looked at panels needed more attention cos of the age of the panel/paint.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thats what i was a bit sceptical of above - u mean the parts are not exactly the same shape/size and so dont line up quite right?

Dunno what to do - i suppose it depends on the price i can get this panel for really.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well, chips away said they couldnt help me :confused: as they only did chips and dents not creases ????? And other quotes I have had have been what i would consider too expensive.

TBH its hardly noticable unless you catch it at the right angle. Its just enough to p*ss me right off. I might end up going to a small 1-2 man company to get it done as have been recommended some my way - just a bit sceptical about letting someone like that at my car... :S

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
How about one of the PDR (paintless dent removal) places. I had good results with a company called Dent Devils - I had a circular dent right in the middle of my bonnet about the size of a 5p.

The guy was amazing to watch, he used some rounded probe things, some kind of hammer and punch (the scary bit!), and at one stage just the handle of a pair of pliers padded with masking tape! In 10 minutes of pushing prodding and flexing the metal the dent disappeared. Now I can only tell by looking at a very shallow angle along the bonnet, looking for a tiny ripple in the reflections.

This chap then only charged me 30 quid (typical cost for 1 panel about 70 I think) as the dent was behind the supporting frame of the bonnet so he couldn't get to it properly and it wasn't 100% perfect.

I was well impressed. If you get a decent bloke you're laughing, but the companies sell franchises and some are better than others.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
dent devils - noted thanks. Just have to see who i have locally to me.
Ideally I would like to get rid of all my stone chips too - but thats not a priority.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.