Revo Stage 1 Remap Owners - Boost and Timing Levels?

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Just looking to see what boost and timing levels (and with what modifications) you guys are running with for Revo Stage 1 remap.

At the moment I'm running,

- Boost = 7
- Timing = 6

And running on Tescos finest super unleaded (99 ron) with 007p dv and drilled airbox.

Cheers

Jun 16, 2008
Great thread

Forge TIP
Forge Recirc valve

Boost 8
Timing 4

ive found thats the best setting so far...

im curious to try the opposite
higher timing and lower boost - someone on here mentioned that the torque will be more progressive

more testing to come.

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Great thread

Forge TIP
Forge Recirc valve

Boost 8
Timing 4

ive found thats the best setting so far...

im curious to try the opposite
higher timing and lower boost - someone on here mentioned that the torque will be more progressive

more testing to come.

Well after reading this,
http://www.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SPS3_advancedUserGuide060406.pdf Page 8, i made my decision. I wish just interested in seeing what others were running.

Look forward to hearing about the tests...

Jun 16, 2008
to be honest, that user guide is pants!
but i see what your saying, its a good place to start....

everyone on here will say that you'll need to see the results of on a VAG COM, but thats far too complicated for me.

im just playing around with the settings to see what FEELS better.

is this the second time uve changed the settings?

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Well initially boost was on 9, and I cant recall what timing was on, but i assume that it was around 6. After playing about on the rolling road and after speaking with revo it is now set as above. And feels fine, but saying that the boost was originally set to 8 and timing to 6 and logged with vag-com on the road and all looked good. I had just had the software uploaded so anything felt quicker!

I think the difficulties come when trying to set the boost and timing between the rolling road settings and the actual road especially when seeing high intake temp and the boost dropping off when on the rolling road.

Like you said, I think Im going with what feels good on the road, unless advised any different.

Jun 16, 2008
sounds good - if you had VAG COM at hand and the results were fine, then maybe you dont need change the settings....

i found thats boost 9 just doesnt feel right, like im straining the car too much

im thinking higher boost requires some heavy mods.

you say u originally had boost 8, did the VAG COM tests find that boost 7 produced better results?

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
sounds good - if you had VAG COM at hand and the results were fine, then maybe you dont need change the settings....

i found thats boost 9 just doesnt feel right, like im straining the car too much

im thinking higher boost requires some heavy mods.

you say u originally had boost 8, did the VAG COM tests find that boost 7 produced better results?

Well to be honest, it was set to this on the rolling road to try and obtain some better results but due to high intake temperatures, and having to leave the car to cool we keep it at boost 7 and timing 6...and this has been the first time I've had to try out the car properly on the road with these settings and all feels good...but as I don't have vag-com I can't do any logging, so wanted to see what everyone else was running\advised.

Jun 16, 2008
oh right, i see.
rolling road can be a bit hit n miss....

lets see what settings others have on this forum....
who knows, you may see alot with boost 7 and timing 6 - in which case ur laughing :)

btw
it might be an idea to invest in either a VAG COM or Liquid Gauge

i personally have a liquid gauge
its basically a real time monitor that that tells u all sorts - from bhp to MAF to 0-60 runs

youtube it :)

Jun 16, 2008
bump.

james, done anymore testing?

in the past month or so ive tried the following

boost 4 timing 8 - Very progressive delivery which was nice, but the overall decrease in power made things slightly boring

boost 7 timing 6 - Thought id try your settings.
quite nice, the torque in higher revs has improved somewhat...... will keep these settings for the next few weeks

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Sorry to hijack this thread but i heard a rather worryingthing last night that i need cleared up.....

Is it true that if you get a remap and your ECU 'fails' that you'll lose all your settings? Effectively wasting money? I was sure there would be some kind of guarantee on a remap from AMD/Revo?

Has this happened to anyone or am i just worrying lol?!

revo carl

Jun 18, 2008
Ok Guys;

No one setting is right for all cars.... all cars are different hence the adjustability! so just be aware of this guys, also setting your settings too high can/will be detrimental as the ECU will see things it's not happy with and will pull out to protect hardware, hence we would always advise logging a car before and after changing settings

Phoenix27 said:
Sorry to hijack this thread but i heard a rather worryingthing last night that i need cleared up.....

Is it true that if you get a remap and your ECU 'fails' that you'll lose all your settings? Effectively wasting money? I was sure there would be some kind of guarantee on a remap from AMD/Revo?

Has this happened to anyone or am i just worrying lol?!

Wrong. On ME7 ECU's with revo there is no situation where you would loose your settings unless there was a full ECU failure (in which case I doubt your vehicle would be running) and if this becomes the case there is a lifetime guarantee on the software covering our customers fully

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
smoothed airbox with pipercross filter panel and 4 inch air feed,baily atmos dump valve but sometimes baily recirc valve with n75 bypass (depending on moods),forge tip and upper intercooler pipes.
ive tried so many setting i cant remember what is set to now.as said above vag com is probably a must due to all cars being different.interesting to see what other people are running tho.

Jun 16, 2008
besides MODS, how can 2 LCR's be so different?

u referring to wear n tear of the engine?

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Boost 8
Timing 4

I've never changed the settings since getting the remap.

I find it pretty agressive. The torque in low/mid rev range is impressive.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Wrong. On ME7 ECU's with revo there is no situation where you would loose your settings unless there was a full ECU failure (in which case I doubt your vehicle would be running) and if this becomes the case there is a lifetime guarantee on the software covering our customers fully

That's wicked, thanks for clearing that up mate. :)

Jimz

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.