Revo Stage 1 Remap Owners - Boost and Timing Levels?

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
I belive I'm running same setting as you, and I only ever run it on shell vpower! I have a forge 007p, large cone filter, forge unos MBC, n249 bypass feels grate or it did till iv had a massive head ache with HEA gadkets!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Interesting thread as i have a stage 1 Revo, been toying with the idea of getting a SPS.

Sorry for the stupid question.. but what does CF's stand for? :whistle:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Yes, CF = correction factor. Basically how much the car is pulling back timing by to reduce knock.

Does look a touch on the rich side but then Revo maps usually do apparently, my recent logs are about the same. I asked the tuner that mapped mine about it, he reckoned that's pretty normal. Part of the reason is to keep cylinder temps down as this means lower exhaust gas temps which in turn allows you to run more boost using the SPS gadget. I assume this is also to ensure there's sufficient fuel to cope with more boost since you can't adjust fuelling on 1.8T's.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Yes, CF = correction factor. Basically how much the car is pulling back timing by to reduce knock.

Does look a touch on the rich side but then Revo maps usually do apparently, my recent logs are about the same. I asked the tuner that mapped mine about it, he reckoned that's pretty normal. Part of the reason is to keep cylinder temps down as this means lower exhaust gas temps which in turn allows you to run more boost using the SPS gadget. I assume this is also to ensure there's sufficient fuel to cope with more boost since you can't adjust fuelling on 1.8T's.

Thanks for explaining that 8bit, much appreciated. :)

Jun 16, 2008
so, completed 2 runs yesterday on the moon.

[1] 0.77
[2] 0.78

similar figures to yours Chris.

Jun 16, 2008
will do another one for CF's

but suppose the above and cf's all depend on ambient temps etc etc.

Jun 16, 2008
:) lol

if you look in the revo section of this site, theres a few threads pointing out that the Linear map is running richer for most people. common thing.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Not sure it's to do with the linear map as such, the "linear" only means that the throttle pedal response is just a 1:1 ratio with the throttle valve, so if you apply 50% pedal travel you get the valve opening 50%, on an un-mapped car 50% pedal may be as much as 75% throttle. it makes the throttle response more like a cable-throttle car, not a DBW. What Revo told me is that all other aspects of the software are the same as the regular stage 1.

I guess this is just the latest revision of the actual boost and fuelling maps on all Revo stage 1 1.8T K04 maps are a touch richer, probably people are generally going for the linear option now because it's new that those who get regular stage 1 have just not noticed or checked their AFRs.

End of the day, lower cylinder temps is a good thing, the engine and turbo will last longer.

Jun 16, 2008
yeh sure, its just their little tweeks at the end of the day.

i had the old revo map for 2 years and my readings were about 12.0-12.5, and now, since the linear map, theyve become richer at 11.2 -11.5. just saying.

This map is far far better than the old lumpy map.
lumpy meaning that id press 50% throttle and all the power used to just come in one big bast*rd lump. woosh.... there was no play or anything.

its common knowledge that progressively feeding these K04's is the best way and this map allows you to do that. the torque feels so much better.
love it.
also using linear throttle 5,8,10% potentially means less fuel usage.

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Yep, plus (I find at least) that the car is more civilised when town driving as the throttle feels more natural. I never had the old Revo stage 1 but the throttle map on that was the same as stock, i.e. a logarithmic curve. I found it harder to match revs when pottering about, it's easier to be smooth with the car now which reduces wear on clutch and gearbox and makes for an easier journey.

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
Today the garage changed my settings on my lcr revo stage one from boost 6 timing 4 to boost 7 timing 6 due to having run a few tanks of v power and feels more progressive but with lots of torque mid/high revs. Very happy with it and transformed the car. Logged 217.8g/s today, booked to a rr test next week.

Does this sound about right/safe?

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
Revo sell the sps controller i think but the garage did it all on the laptop. Sure the other guys on here can shed light if there are other ways.

Jun 16, 2008
Exe.
those setting are nothing out of the ordinary, quite normal - did the garage data log the car after changed?
i.e. check the C.F levels etc?